Marin Suites Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$153
$126
$110
$97
$84
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
$91
Motel 6
Budget Inn(Corte Madera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roommuir woodssan franciscofree breakfastpool and hot tubmovie theaterlaundry roomlarkspur ferryyogurtbit datedthin wallsminute driveflat screenfire pitan older hotelwine country
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Shabby, dirty, rude people at the desk, unhelpful staff. This place reminded me of the cheap hostels I stayed in when I backpacked around Europe many years ago. Even now I'm sitting waiting for a cab to the airport in the dirty "lobby" worried I'm going to be late--because they never called to book it. Even though I asked them last night and again this morning. The room smelled like a hospital, with a worn rug and a metal door. No place to get a bottle of water, food, etc. there's a kitchen but I didn't arrive with my own supplies. The location is off a busy road, behind a strip mall. Creepy exterior that the person who dropped me off didn't think could be the entrance. It is!
This place is really more of a motel--rooms ringed around a decent sized pool, where people frolicked till late last night. I guess if you are temporarily relocated, or if you are traveling on the cheap like I did for that long ago backpacking trip, it might suffice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank annmariehood
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

We apologize for the delay. As the Director of Sales, it is very important that I follow up and read all of our reviews. We realize you have choices when choosing a hotel. We appreciate having the opportunity to be your lodging partner when you are in the area.

We are and will continue to improve on our guest experience with feedback like yours.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The location was very good, easy to find with a number of restaurants and shops near by. The room was very large, however quite tired. We didn't use the kitchen area, but it was clean and had everything you would need.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a decent stay at Marin Suites, The rooms are certainly spacious, though the bathrooms are small with little counter space for personal items. Essentially, it's a very basic motel--no lobby, bar, restaurant, lounge or otherwise. That said, the pool was nicely heated and good for an exercise swim. The major downside was noise--from other rooms (thin walls) and from the pool area. Voices really travel up and most of the rooms open onto the pool--so your stuck with noise until they close the pool at night. Never found the "gym," so can't comment on it. Also, we didn't see any eateries or coffee bars within walking distance--so you'll have to drive everywhere. Probably will look for something better the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Get away from the pool, if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I travel frequently for work and typically stay in chain hotels (mostly for the points accumulation). So when my manager approved me to stay overnight in Marin County, I immediately looked at the chain hotels for a room, all of which were over the per-night budget I'm allowed. In my search, I came across Marin Suites Hotel, read some reviews, and booked it, as it was in my company's budget.

I'm always wary of independently owned hotels, since you really never know what you're going to get - I've stayed in some real dives. Upon checking in, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and modern (well, it's not the Aloft but fairly modern) the hotel is! The front desk clerk was very nice and check in was a breeze.

My room was near the lobby, up a short flight of stairs. I booked the smallest room, as it's just me and I'm only here for a night, but the smallest room is still quite big by hotel standards. There's a queen bed, desk and chair, dresser, full size closet, small dining room set, and kitchenette. The room was clean, and I think I landed the quieter side of the hotel, based on other reviews - I can't hear the freeway at all!

Parking is free, although slightly limited, and finding the lobby from the parking lot is a little confusing. My only complaint is the lack of A/C in the room. Granted, it's October and fairly cool outside, but I'm from the Central Valley and like my air conditioning. :-) Cracking the windows and turning on the ceiling fan (yes, a fan in a hotel room) helps a lot.

There's a few neat features at this hotel I would love to use if I was here longer - barbeque grills near the pool, an open-air "sanctuary" room with nice seating and a fireplace, a fire pit, saltwater pool and spa, laundry room, and a breakfast room.

Overall, this hotel is a great value for the price, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice hotel in Marin County!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

it is always difficult to book a family vacation when you have a budget in mind. you want something nice and reasonably priced but you also look for the right amenities to keep every one some what entertained and enough space so your not on top of each other. the Marin suites hit it out of the park! the staff was great very friendly and helpful, the outside space and court yards were comfortable and inviting. the pool and hot tub were perfect. don't let the salt water scare you away, it is very mild and nothing like the ocean. if your expecting 5 stars stay somewhere else. it was very family oriented, the rooms were comfortable and clean. the worst i can say is the kitchen had very limited silverware and dishes but the staff did get what we needed when we needed it. although we did not use them they also had 2 large gas grills in the courtyard for cooking out. over all on a 1-10 scale i would have to give it an 8.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family