“Best Dog Friendly Hotel, ever!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marin Suites Hotel

Marin Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Corte Madera
California
“Best Dog Friendly Hotel, ever!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My daughter lives in SF and when I travel alone I like to bring my "3rd child", my dog. Although, SF is pretty dog friendly the weight limits in the better hotels is disappointing.....I just returned from spending 3 nights at the Marin Suites Hotel and even if I didn't bring my pet, I would definately return.....It is a converted apartment complex and is older, but the rooms are comfortable. All the doors enter from an inside garden view or a pool view and I felt very safe. I arrived on a Sunday and there were a lot of people enjoying the pool which made it a little noisey at first but it actually was a very quiet relaxing place to stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful.....It was convenient to the areas attractions and there was a great walking trail near by. I definately would stay there again.....

Room Tip: Pets are allowed in the garden view rooms....the pool view rooms may be a little noisey when there a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
Thank you for taking the time with your review and sharing your experience.

We apologize for the delay. As the Director of Sales, it is very important that I follow up and read all of our reviews. We realize you have choices when choosing a hotel. We appreciate having the opportunity to be your lodging partner when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at Marin Suites Hotel for business purposes and had an appartment with kitchen. The kitchen is equiped at a strict minimum. The appartment was clean and big. The breakfast was included in the room rate but it was really a poor breakfast.
When I went to work on my first day, I took only one key card for the door and left the spare key on the table at the entrance. When I came back in the evening, the spare key was gone. I did not really like this and asked the reception if the housekeeper brought the key to reception. But they were not aware of anything and they did not inverstigate further. Scary : someone has the key to my appartment and could get into it at any time. In addition to the key issue, I noticed that the door of the closet in which the safe was in, was open but I closed it before leaving in the morning. The day after, when I got back to the room and when I wanted to go to bed, the door of the closet was once again open.Clearly someone was looking to find something. But worst of all, my pyjama that I left on the bed was gone. The bed sheet had not been change, so it was not possible that the pyjama was taken by mistake. I couldn't believe it:some crazy person took my pyjama. I did again complain at the reception but nothing happened. When I came back in the evening, noone at the reception mentioned anything about the key or the pyjama. I left the hotel and went to another hotel.
I've travelled a lot in all kind of country but never did I feel as insecure as at Marin Suite Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sscheck, General Manager at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback very much. Our guests comments help us evaluate our performance and make changes to exceed expectations.

First and foremost the safety and security of our guest is extremely important. We do not want our guest feel insecure in any way. Unfortunately we only became aware of the incident through this review and immediately investigated the issues. We did a lock audit regarding access to your room. We did not find anything unusual. The report read that other than the room key assigned to you, the only other entry was our housekeeping department. If the front desk were to issue a new key issued, the previous one is voided. The coded key system allows to audit the usage of keys being used to open locks. Again, we do acknowledge housekeeping went into your room. We have no history of theft by our housekeeping team. We will stand by them and know that they are honest and do a great job in keeping the rooms above expectations.

Regarding our breakfast we have a deluxe complimentary contienental breakfast. Other than danish, juice, coffee and tea. We offer fresh fruit, french toast, bagels & cream cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, a variety of cereal and a make your own waffle station. I am not sure of your expectations of our complimentary breakfast, but we usally get exceptional reviews on how generous and nice our contienental breakfast is as a additional feature.

We are very concerned and sorry about you pajamas. We have questioned housekeeping before and after your check out. Unfortuantely we did not find them. If they should come up we will notify you immediately as it is our policy.

Again, thank you for your feedback. In these situations as we cannot act if we are not aware. Unfortunately, it had to be through a review and not directly. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your impression and show you the true Marin Suites.

Travelers are raving about these Corte Madera hotels

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a fantastic stay at the Marin Suites close to where we live. Definitely a place that offers more than what you paid for it. Spacious, clean, pool, jacuzzi, complete kitchen. We were thinking of getting a bunch of friends to spend a weekend there. We will be back. Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Catherine G

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great location for us near the highway and not too far to get into the city, very close to muir woods which was very nice. Big and spacious rooms really nice saltwater pool and hit tub! Breakfast was so so, standard free breakfast which by the end we were very tired of eating. Nice staff working there. Not the cleanest found old socks under the bed and a little dirty in spots. It's an older hotel and we noticed it I. The fact that the shower and toilet Didn't work the best was a good example but it was economical.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Greg S

Sonoma County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We chose the location for its proximity to a restaurant where a friend's Birthday party was to be held and we wanted a convenient 1 night stay. Once we found the lobby, everything was very nice. A full 1 bedroom apartment suite with breakfast, wifi and newspaper couldn't be beat for price or location. Easy off and on 101, an amenable staff and clean well equipped accommodations make this a first choice for Marin, where accommodations can be pricey and many places require two night stays on the weekend. Breakfast was typical of Hampton or other quality with a good selection of items. Will definitely return if travel requires that we be in the Marin area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from 101
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

youngstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel looks most unimpressive on the outside, but the inner courtyard is really nice. We did not try the salt-water pool, but it was very clean. The furniture in the rooms was stained and not attractive, but the rooms were also very clean. The room we had was really roomy. A large living room, two separate bedrooms with doors, and a little eating area and kitchen. Really a great deal for the price, and close to San Francisco and Sonoma.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I thought we were staying in the hotel we first stayed in years ago. Well it was not but turned out to be a very nice stay and would give it a five star but wife had much trouble with logging in on their network. They have many security things that you must change on your computer to operate their wifi. We wanted nice and affordable and we got it. There are many good places to eat and there is a theatre right next door. The people were friendly and the pool was inviting. We would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Book direct!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

#2 of 2 in Tiburon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,308 reviews
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East

Been to Marin Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!