“I would love to come back”
Review of Marin Suites Hotel

Marin Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Corte Madera
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family (4 adults, 2 young children) stayed here for 4 days in july and 2 days in august. The 2 bedroom suites are large and with lots of space - we really enjoyed staying here.

The breakfast from Marin Suites was the best we experienced on our roundtrip in California.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

Thank you for taking the time with your review and sharing your experience.

We apologize for the delay. As the Director of Sales, it is very important that I follow up and read all of our reviews. We realize you have choices when choosing a hotel. We appreciate having the opportunity to be your lodging partner when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The courtyard and pool area were tastefully decorated and well maintained. Our suite was large and very clean. Beds and bedding were comfy. This would be nice for a longer stay as there are full kitchens in the suites and gas grills in the courtyard. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2012

First of all this place is very attractive on the Internet. It's also reasonably priced and well located right off of the I-101 and near the Larkspur Ferry and shopping. The beds were clean, soft, and comfortable. Hence the 2 stars.

We booked a 2 bedroom suite (one room with a queen sized bed and one room with two queens). The room stunk. I mean it literally stunk. Fortunately for us, the bedrooms didn't so if we kept in our bedrooms and kept the doors shut, it was bearable. In the meantime, we kept the front door open. Then on the third day, the strange smell was joined by a rancid spoiled milk odor coming from the dining room. I called housekeeping, but they did nothing about it. Fortunately, we were gone until late evening and leaving the next morning.

The carpet was sticky. There was wet varnish on the woodwork when we came in. Luckily it didn't get on my clothes or I'd be pissed. Housekeeping didn't dump the trash everyday and they never replaced the tissue paper that ran out the first day. The kitchen and living room furniture is extremely dated. The carpet was stained. They give you box fans to cool the place off. Really? ALSO, don't wash dishes if someone is taking a shower.

Although I can see the potential in this place, it was the low point in our family's vacation. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are and will continue to improve on our guest experience with feedback like yours.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Marin Suites for 5 nights and were postively surprised. The appartments are big and have their own kitchen. I guess most appartment have two rooms which gave our family of four ample space to live an breath. The central area with the pool, a sitting area with sofas and two big gas barbecues has the aura of a little oasis which is great after an exhausting day in the city. The area round the hotel is a quiet,upper-middle class neighbourhood with great running options, a superb shopping centre 400m down the road (excellent outdor shop and sports shop plus nice restaurants) and the ferries to SF city centre close by.
We were travelling with two boys aged 13 and 9 and we all agreed that this hotels was one of the best during our whole three weeks trip. Big thumbs up for this place, particularly when travelling with kids

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very pleased with this hotel. Very spacious and clean. Keep those prices affordable, please, so I can keep returning! Great location too with a view of Mt.Tamalpais. Close enough to Muir Woods and even San Francisco, if you want to avoid staying in the city.

Room Tip: I liked a room toward the front of the hotel cause the highway is behind the hotel, even though the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent only one night during the week here a couple weeks ago on a road trip with our 18 year old granddaughter. A longer stay would have been welcome. The suites are actually executive style apartments from probably the 1970s so we had two bedrooms, a living room, and a bath--along with a kitchen we didn't use. The area is a real neighborhood. The front desk staff know all the good places, too. The pool was inviting and enjoyed by a variety of families from different countries. The common gathering place, overlooking the pool, had a couple gas BBQs, nice seating, and a feeling of ambiance that invited happy groups to gather and share their cooked meals and glasses of wine. There are a variety of nearby pleasant eateries, bakeries, cute shops, and a (single screen) movie theatre next door where we saw Spiderman in 3D. The Suites was a rewarding break from 300 miles of touring. It promised to be an interesting base for winetasting or day trips into San Francisco. It's easy to stroll, run, or bike here. Off-street parking is easy. A few caveats: The facility was been nicely touched up with linens, paint, and decor but it is of another era and slightly shop worn. So you don't worry the kids will make it worse. It is just off a highway so ask for a room near the front of the hotel, if possible. Suggest you call the hotel to confirm your room and choices several hours before you arrive. Otherwise, close the windows to reduce road noise. As the breakfast room gets bottle-necked, collect your standard food and find a pleasant place near the pool, outdoor common areas, or go back to your room. Otherwise, be patient and enjoy your food with other guests from at least a half-dozen countries. This is one places that has lingered on my mind and memory--sort of like a nice glass of wine with a good finish that is late in its years.

Room Tip: Ask for suite near front of hotel as the back building faces highway. Call several hours of day yo...

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Needed a spacious yet reasonably priced room for myself and 2 young adult children-space, price, and location were my main criteria during this visit to see my sister who lives in Fairfax. This was the perfect location for that and a few trips into San Francisco. I booked the 2 bedroom suite online on the hotel website-if I had booked earlier there was a better price on cheaptickets.com but as usual I was too last minute with my decision! I hesitated based on some of the reviews online but the price for so much space was too hard to resist-only other suite hotel I could find in the area was the much pricier Embassy Suites.

Arrived very early (noonish) but decided to see if I could maybe get an early check-in, as it was a weekday and it didn't look too busy. Was very disappointed when front desk staff told me that they did not have the 2 room suite I reserved (still not sure why) but to make up for it they gave me 2 one room suites-GREAT deal for me-my son had a large room to himself and it was still plenty of room for my daughter and I in the other room. Both rooms were ready so we were allowed a very early check-in-so surprising and appreciated after the drive from SoCal-rarely do hotels do this anymore!

First impressions-while rooms are very apartment like in size (living room, kitchen, bedroom) they are older and a little worn, felt dirty at first, but then I realized it was more dingy than dirty. Just used to newer chain hotels with more amenities like Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, etc. I would classify this as a motel, not a hotel, the structure actually looks like an old apartment building with doors that open directly onto the walkways. Doors even had doorbells-a little odd for a motel. Parking looks like it could be problem on busy nights, small tight spaces, but we did find a space every night. Grounds are very nice, pretty grassy area with fire pits and small lights in the trees, really nice outdoor lounge area with big screen TVs and blazing fireplace (faux I think) No food places in walking distance but a short drive to a shopping center with Safeway, Rite-Aid, Starbucks, banks, pizza. Nice pool area, which was right below our rooms, a little noisy when lots of kids were in the pool, but pool is closed and covered at 10 pm-nice and quiet every night while we were there Wed-Fri in mid June.

Overall, nothing really fancy, especially if you like modern hotel amenities, but the price for the spacious apartment like rooms is a really good deal-another big plus is the location-it was a hop on the nearby freeway to the Larkspur ferry into SF and a very easy and quick drive into the city as well. Would probably stay again, for the space and the proximity to SF. Staff was great and very accommodating during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to Marin Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!