“Top award for worst hotel!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Corte Madera/San Francisco
Ranked #1 of 1 Corte Madera B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The unmistakable greeting of the stench of mold, mildew and cigarette smoke was bad enough...unfortunately, stepping in the door and looking around led to a further steep decline in appreciation. In addition to the mold/mildew in the carpet, the shower curtain was smattered with black mold and smelled like my Nikes from high school that I wore all summer long with no socks. Although it was supposedly a non-smoking room, the smoke smell developed from the outside door that did not seal. The neighbor's cigarette smoke wafted in freely as if the door wasn't even there. Worse yet, was the urine smell in the blankets as I crawled into bed.

No wash cloth, no hair dryer, no alarm clock, heater did not work. The furniture looked pretty new, the bathroom floor and countertop looked pretty new, the bed was mostly comfortable.

I hope I never have to stay here again!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank quest1966
ABVImillvalley, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Corte Madera/San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments we appreciate your taking the time to give them to us. We are sorry that you did not find our Inn up to your expectations and apologize for your inconveniences.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed at other America's Best Value hotels and have always been satisfied. This hotel unfortunately doesn't have a clue what travellers are looking for. The room was noisy (traffic from 101) but relatively clean. There was no ice, no continental breakfast, a coffee machine in the lobby that didn't work, no hairdryer in the room, a television in the room that didn't work. The manager did fix the television, but I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nenelinda

We apologize for the conditions that you experienced while staying at our Inn. We appreciate your comments and use them for providing additional training to our employees and evaluating the need for future renovations.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We staied one night and paid U$ 170.-, the right price should have been not more than U$ 50.- Please don't go there, the room is stinky, the shower maybe was worst. Room extremely noisy, and every furniture, wall, brick, stair, paint, etc. is very old and in a very bad shape. I would reccomend this place only to my enemies!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dino L

Thank you for your comments. In 2009 we replaced all furniture, flat screen TV's, microwaves and refrigerators in every room. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying at our Inn.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We were in a pinch, many reasonobly priced places were sold out. This hotel had a room for the night. It seems a bit pricey for what it was, but it was clean and had a mini fridge and microwave.
The hotel is right near the freeway, so it was not quiet. The rooms were on the small side.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank kelly564
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I will never use priceline again. This hotel is terrible. THe deadbolt doesn't lock and the attendant told me not to worry that it is the safest neighborhood! I cannot believe this. I swear, I will never make this dumb mistake again. I am so upset.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank cloud12
Reviewed September 24, 2010

The mattress...lets start there. Very tilted bed like a 400lb person slept on one side for years. There was no fitted sheet on the bed just a large sheet haphazardly folded under the top mattress...we got a great view of the bottom mattress which was stained with brown squirts that looked like, well, you can guess. Many holes in the walls, along with dirt smears. The room stank like a locker room..my boyfriend had to go buy a bottle of wine just to tolerate the stink and overall grossness. Maids were nice and did a good job...about the only good thing I can say. Ice machine did not work. I think there are bedbugs but my boyfriend keeps trying to convince me otherwise but there are small flying things in the room. We won't stay again......good luck bring air freshener and a sleeping bag.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank chelsintex
ABVImillvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Corte Madera/San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we appreciate your feedback. Last year we completed renovated our guest rooms with new furniture, flat screen televisions and renovated bathrooms. We use your comments to help us evaluate our facility and make the improvements and renovations that are needed. We Appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 13, 2009

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms with double beds were so small that you could barely move around. I cannot spendind night(s) here with more than one person. It sounded like the freeway was travelling right through the room. Had to sleep with my Ipod to drown out the sound of the freeway. The room keys constantly kept getting erased even with putting in my wallet. Had a hard time getting a person at the front desk late at night. The maid service was unpredictable. Somedays was at 1200 noon and some days were at 430 pm. I was working some late nights to early mornings and had trouble communicating with maid as I did not want service. She kept trying to come in room while i was sleeping. The hotel advertises free 24 hour coffee but at 500 am when I had to go to work there was no coffee.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
2 mi away
Travelodge Mill Valley/Sausalito

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Corte Madera/San Francisco? Share your experiences!