Apart from initial problems finding the hotel and then first impressions from the outside being that it looked like a prison compound, this turned out to be a surprisingly good hotel. Our room was stylishly decorated and similar to rooms in 5 star establishments - obviously without the same amenities, but the overall look and feel was fresh and modern. Room is equipped with a fridge and coffee maker. Air conditioning worked well, though being close to San Francisco we didn't need it on much. We were surprised to find our room had a balcony but at the same time annoyed that every time we tried to open the sliding door, the screen fell off and we had to replace on the runners.
Decent shower and two sinks, one in bathroom and one opposite wardrobe.
Internet worked well and We had no problem with noise which others report.
The pool was huge and seemed really clean. Half is for lap swimming and half for free swims. Towels are supplied and there is also a changing room with showers and lockers. The hotel supplies lots of swimming aids, floats, noodles etc and the pool has a basketball Also in the pool,area are a decent sized hot tub, shuffle board, table tennis, mini golf and a basketball hoop.
We were disappointed to get a second floor room as we had a lot of luggage and there are no lifts. We were told that the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. That was only a minor complaint though. On checking out I was told we had been given a complimentary upgrade so don't know how our room would compare to the standard ones.
Yes, the hotel is close to a shopping centre but you have to cross the 101 to get there so is not walking distance!! On the plus side, the shopping centre has a cheesecake factory where we had two fab dinners.
We didn't take the shuttle to the Larkspur ferry but should have done as was difficult to find a parking spot mid- morning.
So overall better than your average best western and, if you're looking for somewhere to stay near SF which is not affected by the bay area fog and you don't mind being out of the city at night this is a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort style property just 7 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. 75' heated Junior Olympic size pool. 2 spas, in-house masseuse, shuffleboard, ping pong, putting green. Walking distance to many restaurants and shops.Free shuttle to Larkspur-SF ferry and Marin Airporter. Three major shopping centers close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Corte Madera Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Corte Madera Hotel Corte Madera
- Best Western Corte Madera Inn Marin County, CA
- Corte Madera Best Western