“Nice hotel, would happily stay there again”

Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corte Madera
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This seems to be a nicely-renovated older property. Our room was spacious; the bed was especially comfortable, a relief as we'd never slept on a pillow top mattress before. The shower was pleasant, with a curved-out shower curtain bar and a non-slip coating.

The decor of the room suggested a Hollywood star cottage from the thirties, nicely appointed. On our way to look at the nearby restaurant, we passed by the outdoor pool, which was quite large and looked clean and inviting.

As I said, we'd be very happy to stay there again if we were ever in the area again. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I picked this hotel because it was close to opening ceremonies for the Susan G Komen 3-day walk. I was greeted by friendly staff. They let me know a shuttle could take me to the where I needed to be at 5 AM. I was pleasantly suprised! I was also very appreciative that I was able to leave my car at the hotel while I was at the 3-day event. I never worried that my car would not be safe. I will defintly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in September. This is an older motel, but has been nicely updated. The beds were very comfortable and it was quiet. Good sleeping. This property has a heated outdoor pool and two outdoor hot tubs. Lots of grass, picnic tables and hammocks. A very nice place to lounge after a day out. We had a small porch with rattan furniture. The motel will shuttle you to the Larkspur Landing Ferry, which is a $9.00 1/2 hour ferry ride to San Francisco. We enjoyed this so much we traveled the ferry into San Francisco for two days. Such a wonderful way to get into the City without driving. It lands at Ferry Terminal 1. I would seriously consider staying here again when I visit San Francisco again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out on the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TillyRambler
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We are going to stay a week in Union Square area and decided to spend one night in the Muir Woods National Monument Area. Pleasantly surprised. Convenient, nice restaurant next door, gas station across the street and very close to the monument. They deliver a free breakfast (muffins, yogurt, fruit, coffee) to your room at the time of your choice. Good exercise equipment, very nice pool with a sitting area that includes a firepit.... It is older but very clean and well kept. The staff at the desk were very polite and helpful. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

older hotel but nicely updated, good staff, 2 floors, good breakfast brought to your room, can use printer to print out boarding passes, always check your room carefyully before you check out, very close to shopping, fairly easy to find

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

this is the perfect location to stay if you want to visit San Francisco without driving downtown.the Larkspur Ferry terminal is almost across the street which provides a 30-40 minute ride to downtown San Fran depending on day of the week. The hotel is clean and the service is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable. We were on the back side of the hotel and enjoyed sitting on the patio and even in rocking chairs in the large courtyard/playground. The downside is we had been on the road for a week and needed to do some wash. The had to drive to the guest laundry and the two machines were occupied. The desk clerk was kind enough to direct us to a near-by coin operated laundry. I would think that a place this size could have more than one guest laundry. The breakfast. It was delivered to our room on time. Not much good to eat. Probably a good "health" breakfast but all I could eat was the muffin. They do tell you in advance what will be on it. It is located well and the front desk will gladly supply you with maps and directions to local sights. I would probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Best Western Corte Madera Inn? Share your experiences!