“Casual Trattoria in Marin”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paradise Dr.
Transit: Golden Gate Transit
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the annual Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2002.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A very good Italian Bistro with lots of atmosphere and excellent food. Bustling bar and good wine selection. Food is always excellent and their bread is to die for. Would recommend reservations if eating after 6 PM. Ample parking.....located in upscale shopping area. Also dress is casual if desired.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I lived in the Marin/Sonoma area Il Fornaio was one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Sadly, my most recent visit was a bad experience. I met with two old friends for lunch. My friends ordered from the brunch menu, one ordered french toast the other ordered a waffle. Me, I don't go to an Italian restaurant for breakfast...I ordered pasta. Long and short, my friends breakfast was delivered with the admonition, "we're out of maple syrup". Additionally, the waffle mysteriously appeared in the form of pancakes. A restaurant that confuses pancakes with wafffles and runs out of maple syrup during Sunday brunch service? Excuse me, even if this did occur someone from the kitchen staff should have taken the initiative to run to Safeway (guys, really, it's only a few doors down). I'll probaly go back but not on my next visit...btw my pasta was delicious as usual.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently returned from a trip back to my old stomping grounds - Marin County. Dining at Il Fornaio was a priority on my "must do" list while there. I used to dine there frequently, as well as other Il Fornaio restaurants in CA and WA. I have always loved and raved about the food, the service, the ambience. But my last visit was a huge disappointment. The service was terrible, and the food and drinks were not any better. I can only hope it was just an off-day because I've always considered Il Fornaio one of my favorite restaurants. I will go back. I hope I won't be disappointed again.

1  Thank andrew d
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Service, atmosphere, just good food! Love the salmon and all the salads are delicious. Great place for friends or a business lunch.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hard to imagine why we go anyplace else. These folks have the best ingredients, superb service and tasty dishes. Superior wine list...and ambiance...after all these years.