“I hate to have to say it, but it was a bad experience...”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paradise Dr.
Transit: Golden Gate Transit
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the annual Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2002.
Palm Springs, California
“I hate to have to say it, but it was a bad experience...”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently returned from a trip back to my old stomping grounds - Marin County. Dining at Il Fornaio was a priority on my "must do" list while there. I used to dine there frequently, as well as other Il Fornaio restaurants in CA and WA. I have always loved and raved about the food, the service, the ambience. But my last visit was a huge disappointment. The service was terrible, and the food and drinks were not any better. I can only hope it was just an off-day because I've always considered Il Fornaio one of my favorite restaurants. I will go back. I hope I won't be disappointed again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank andrew d

Wantagh, New York
“Contemporary Italian food...”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Service, atmosphere, just good food! Love the salmon and all the salads are delicious. Great place for friends or a business lunch.

Visited December 2012
San Rafael, California
“Consistant”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hard to imagine why we go anyplace else. These folks have the best ingredients, superb service and tasty dishes. Superior wine list...and ambiance...after all these years.

Visited December 2012
Redwood City, California
“A Huge Disappointment!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been to this Il Fornaio many times, usually to meet friends visiting from Palm Springs. The food and service have always been exemplary, and I expected no less time. It was a huge disappointment!

Initially, our server was very attentive; since it was brunch time we ordered Ramos Fizzes, (which were served as frozen "slushees ." No flavor, and very expensive.) Then our server disappeared for a long time before he took our 4 orders. When the food arrived, one member of our party was missing silverware and cheese for his pasta pomodoro. I got up from our table and found our server and requested the missing silverware, cheese, and more olive oil for our bread. He assured me he would deal with my request right away. 20 minutes later, and 4 requests later, I cornered the restaurant manager and made my request again. He dealt with it right away, and was very apologetic. By then the pasta was cold.

One of our guests had a spinach salad which was tasty, but the presentation was not at all inviting. Myself and one other guest had the sautéed spinach with crab cakes and poached eggs. These were delicious, but, again, the presentation was lacking.

For the expense of this meal, it was very disappointing. I'll probably choose a different dining venue when I am in this area again!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank bbtapper
Portland, OR
“Typical Chain restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Menu is northern Italian with decent presentatiton and quality. It's a chain so you know what to expect going in.

Visited September 2012