“Treasure for the family in Marin's Corte Madera shopping mall”
Review of The Counter

The Counter
Order Online
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Description: Quality meats, inventive sauces, toasted buns, melted cheeses and blended shakes that shout flavor.We’re on a mission to challenge the way people think about burgers. We’re about creative construction. We think life is about experiences. Trying stuff. Learning. Being Inventive. Show us what you’ve got.
Reviewed July 28, 2018

While its a 'burger and fries' type fun diner, it appears to the health conscious as well as those with a family w young kids. Unique in my experience is the 'build your own burger' (which could also be salmon, turkey, veggie, chicken burgers) - with many MANY choices - from sauces to cheese to olives and avocado (and more). An added plus: instead of a bun or bread, one can get the main event in an ample size salad and/or include 'shredded lettuce and other veggies' - for a really healthy meal, as I usually prefer. There are lots of choices. My sister, now 18 lbs lighter due to WWs loves their cobb salad. I love their Ahi tuna [which is incredibly good considering this is a nice-upscale-ish 'hamburger joint'] and non-beef offerings. Service is excellent. I believe a great value for families with children. Then hit the Sees candy shop just a few doors away.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

not bad.can be hit or miss.not organic.fries are good.has a mini patio.can get crowded go early.full bar.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

I've been here a few times. The place is generally full, noisy, and a touch drafty.
This is a great place for a hamburger since you virtually build it yourself by ordering the components and then they cook and assemble it for you. They do serve beer but I dont think anything stronger then that. Their milk shakes are also hand made, not out of a machine like you find at a fast food restaurant.
I really like the different types of meat you can order as well as the bun. They're aren't too many place you can get a pretzel bun, there is huge condiment selection.
Which means as I said in the title...... if you don't like the taste you have no one to blame but yourself.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Great food for a mall location. Get YOUR burger - YOUR way! Super sauces, terrific toppings, special sides all add to burger bliss!!

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Had a working lunch for 30 people and everyone really enjoyed the catered food from The Counter. We had several choices for the burgers to make it our own way.