“good, but crowded”

Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Bayfield, Colorado
“good, but crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We called for reservations since we had a large group (~25). They had platters of sushi on the table for us when we arrived, which certainly helped with curbing our hunger. Ordering took too long with only one waitress, and meals were delivered 'hit and miss' and took a very long time; one bento order was delivered when most of us had finished our meal. Prices were fair, and all the comments of the table were that the food was good. Maybe a smaller group would have gotten better service. It was fairly noisy in the restaurant, besides our group.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, impeccable service and amazing view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

As we were checking out of El Cordova Hotel we were craving sushi. The front desk attendant recommended Yummy Sushi. When we arrived we waited no longer than 5 minutes to be seated. Jo our waiter was fast, friendly and very helpful! We ordered everything he recommended plus more! And after everything... he was kind enough to take a picture of us in front of the restaurant. We ordered Honeymoon shot, live shrimp, bulgogi lunch (don't recommend this) sashimi lunch combo, lobster baked roll and a salmon skin hand roll and a bottle is sake = $94 with a $11 tip.

• Visited July 2013
Imperial Beach, California, United States
“Yummy Sushi IS YUMMY!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This sushi bar/restaurant is for you if you like well prepared food. Nice atmosphere (but can be a bit noisy at time) with reasonably attentive (not great, but ok) service personnel. Get there for happy hour (3-6 M-F) for $$-off beers and wines and an abbreviated $$-off menu. Otherwise pay regular prices that won't bust your budget. Their rolls are especially good as is their tempura items. Warning: Parking in Coronado is a pain - especially on weekends - so park below (Yummy's validates).

• Visited June 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Definitely yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Okay, sushi is my all-time absolute favorite food ever...so I am very picky about it. :-) Now, we were vacationing in San Diego, so unfortunately we've only been here once so I cannot attest to being a regular customer, but still our experience was very good. Minus the somewhat loud music others have mentioned, we enjoyed our dining experience. We chose to sit upstairs and enjoy the view out the windows. Great location, easy to find. Parking wasn't all that bad either.

I cannot remember the exact names of what rolls I had, but I had one with scallops on top, I believe it is their California Beach roll. Also, I tried the Uni roll as well, a first for me- it was very interesting- still good, but not my favorite kind of sushi I've had. My husband also had sushi and he liked his as well.

The prices were very reasonable, especially as far as sushi goes. The food was not only delicious, but presented very well too.

• Visited March 2013
Washington
“Great sushi! Atmosphere could be improved.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I love sushi. I'm from Hawaii so grew up with it. The sushi here is very good. Our favorites are the MT roll and Chicago Bull's roll. We probably dine here 3 to 4 times a month. The view of the beach from this second floor restaurant is beautiful and can mostly be appreciated from the dining tables. There is also the option of being seated at the sushi bar where you can watch the experts prepare the sushi in front of you. It really looks like an art form and probably takes quite awhile to learn to do properly. Our only complaint with this restaurant is that the majority of the time that we have gone here, they have night club music playing very loud on the speakers overhead. It really detracts from the dining experience and we just can't figure why they do this? It's a Japanese restaurant. Wouldn't it make more sense to play some type of Japanese music? Or at least something softer and comforting then a techno beat constantly beating in your ears while you are trying to enjoy your food. If they could change that one aspect, I would happily give this place 5 stars instead of 4.

Visited May 2013