“Different than the Rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Danny's Palm Bar & Grill
Ranked #53 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Different than the Rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Bar is quite different than most of Coranado. Pretty much a dive bar in a high end area. That said, place is a tribute to many fallen soldiers, which is why we went. It served its purpose well. Should have gone at night. Bet it has quite a different flavor (lively) than our midday meal.
Burgers and Bloody Marys were delicious.

Visited June 2012

Coronado, California
“What's so great about the burgers?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've tried this a couple of times and I still don't know what is so great about the burgers here. They are flat and greasy. Maybe I like my burgers thick and juicy so I don't get it. Terrible atmosphere.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“great burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

this little place has great burger with a great atmosphere great location right on the strip

Visited April 2012
“DO NOT GO HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Only come here if you want to deal with rude waitresses, wait forever to have your order taken and then never get your drinks refilled and then be overcharged for your meal. Never have I had worse service or been treated more horribly at any establishment. I did not pay $40 for two burgers to be yelled at by my waitress because I nicely asked for my check after waiting over 30 minutes for her to bring it in the first place. That being said-don't waste your time or frustrations here, there are plenty of better places to eat/drink on the island.

3 Thank rose3287
Woodland Park, Colorado
“BEST burger we ate in San Diego!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Okay, as someone else mentioned, this is a "dive," really just a bar that has good food. Now, it's not a dive by MY standards, but by Coronado standards it's pretty rough around the edges (in appearance, anyway). Danny's was recommended by our hotel concierge so we checked it out. My husband and his mom looked pretty nervous about eating there. However, within minutes of sitting down, we were getting nice friendly service and were excited about the menu. Burgers were AWESOME. So juicy & delicious... remind me a bit of, say, Five Guys in texture, but a lot thicker, with quality toppings. (My other favorite burger in San Diego is Neighborhood.) I honestly can't remember what I ordered but I inhaled it. I think the menu is all grill/ fryer food. Everyone loved it. We were also treated to the sight of a lap dog which had its own barstool. The dog was actually joined by another dog on a barstool during our same visit. How fun is that? They also serve soda in cans, which I appreciated. We will certainly be eating there when we visit Coronado this year!

• Visited August 2010