“Best Thai Restaurant in Coronado”

Swaddee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The food is great, the atmosphere is absolutely pleasant and the service is fantastic.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I ate lunch here with a colleague during a conference and had pork pad Thai. It was average/good as far as pad Thai goes.

Location: Walking distance to the Hotel del Coronado. In a store front, nothing too special.

Food: I only had the pork pad Thai and I enjoyed it. It tasted like pad Thai from many other locations. Portion size was good.

Service: No problems, quick and efficient.

Price: Seemed a bit pricy for pad Thai, but it’s not in a cheap part of the country so I guess it’s about right.

Overall: I would not go out of my way to find this place. I’m sure there is better Thai in San Diego. However, if I was staying nearby and was in the mood for Thai, then I would check it out. I would gladly eat here again.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Atmosphere and service was excellent. I ordered the beef salad and it tasted excellent but I could barely stomach the smell (it smelled of stomach acid). I am very unfamiliar with Thai cuisine and I would have given this higher ratings had the food not smelled so unappealling.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I dream about their Tom Kar soup. And their Penang curry is amazing. The food and the price keeps me coming back again and again. Do not be put off by the oddities of the hostess. She means well, I believe, it's just lost in translation.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had dinner with a colleague here last week. Food was average, atmosphere was nothing special. It was quiet when we went, just 2 other tables occupied. It was a Tuesday night. We tried the Sing-ha beer too. Service was ok. Nothing too special overall.