“Overpriced”

Moo Time Creamery
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Coronado
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A brick & mortar neighborhood institution, MooTime Creamery has been serving up America's favorite dessert to locals and tourists alike for the last 15 years. From Double Dark Chocolate to Stracciatella, the locally owned, '50s style shop provides Coronado with premium handcrafted ice cream, sorbet, yogurt and hand-rolled waffle cones all made fresh daily with the highest quality ingredients. MooTime first opened on Orange Avenue in 1998. Churning out ice cream in a fun, nostalgic atmosphere, the local favorite has seen such stars as Magic Johnson, Jason Alexander, Mandy Moore and Cuba Gooding Jr. come through its doors to enjoy a MooTime treat. MooTime serves a variety of old-fashioned delights from floats and sodas to sundaes and splits. Catering is also available, with a list of options including ice cream bars, float bars and hot fudge bars, taking all of the fun and flavor offsite.
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I don't care if it is in the Hotel Del I went into TSS literally this time over the price. A scoop of ice cream was ungodly expensive and like a cold stone they will mix toppings in I don't remember how much each topping was but it was twenty something dollars for five bites of ice cream and a shake. I was shocked I mean I could go to Froyo and eat to my hearts delight for the price of two five bite cups and a shake. The upside was that it was a fifties looking setting. I grew up in a house with a fifties cafe basement my father put in the checkered floors and there was a coca cola bar and juke box and rotary phone. So I love places like this I'm at home but there is no way the ice cream should cost that much. News flash I can buy ten cartons of ice cream for what they want. It was so full because it is in the Del off the beach so it's closest but there is a froyo up the street and thats .35¢ an ounce. And there isnt even standing room in the creamery you have to sit outside and on a warm day good luck with that finding one spot is hard let alone six or seven. I just stood so my brothers and sisters could sit. Froyo or Moo Time. The decision is yours.

1  Thank Emmy H

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I consider myself an ice cream connoisseur, so on a recent trip to Coronado's Moo Time Creamery I wasn't expecting much. I couldn't have been more wrong. Moo Time Creamery serves some of the creamiest, best quality ice cream I have ever experienced. Made in small batches and with the finest ingredients, you can really taste the difference. The flavor selection is huge and there is something to satisfy everone's taste. If you are in the area you should not miss Moo Time!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I can hardly pass up MooTime, anytime that I'm in Coronado. The lines are long, the prices are high, and still, I love the ice cream there. It's just part of the experience that you get while you are there. Both locations are equally tasty - the one on Orange Ave., and the satellite location at the Del. Either of them are worth the trip (and your money!).

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Right on Orange. Really good ice cream. Perfect after a long hot day! There may be a line but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is one of the dirtiest restaurants/ice cream places I have ever seen. It is consistently dirty too. I ask myself everytime I walk by why they don't scrub the floors, cases, everything. If you really look around, its gross. We were recently at the Moo Time location at the Hotel Del and you couldn't even see the ice cream through the case window because it was so dirty! I guess they don't have to spend any time or money on cleaning because people/tourists will come anyway because the ice cream is good and they are there for such a short time.

Been to Moo Time Creamery? Share your experiences!