“Service with a smile...and a killer view!!!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Ave.
Transit: Metrolink
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Service with a smile...and a killer view!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere!!! I sat at the bar and had an amazing experience! The bartender was so kind and attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. His wine pairing was also fantastic. You have a fabulous view of the water and downtown SD. My one and only complaint...the meatballs were a little tough. Other than that, I highly suggest for dinner!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Customer Service/Allergy Friendly”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have an allergy to garlic which poses a lot of difficulty in ordering at restaurants. I have never had a restaurant accommodate allergies like this restaurant. The made my salad dressing without garlic. They adjusted my meal as well. They did all this without my urging. They take allergies seriously which is a nice surprise for a change. Great view of downtown San Diego. Consistent good food.

• Visited July 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Rude hostess. Waitress with attitude. Could not order portion sizes we wanted to avoid wasting food. Room temperature tea served with one glass of ice--no refills. Water drinks ran dry. Had to ask 2 wait staff for bread 3 times before receiving bread. Pasta was dry--very little sauce. Five of us seated at table for 4. Bugs flying around our table/window area--inside. No toilet paper in women's bathroom. We dined Sunday, July 28th, 2013, dinner.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ROCKWREN_10
Luca A, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Rockwren_10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and give us your feedback from your experience at Il Fornaio. I apologize for the problems you encountered with our host service and indeed with a not very professional food server I would like to assure you that these were isolated incidents and we will take all of the necessary steps to ensure that no one will encounter the same disappointing experience.

Our goal at Il Fornaio is to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests from authentic Italian cuisine to five star services and we are continually looking for ways to perfect our performance. We are deeply sorry for falling short on your expectations

I would appreciate the opportunity to show you our authentic Il Fornaio five star services. Can you please call me on your next visit as I will love to introduce myself to you and personally delivery my apologies for the experience above mentioned.
I will also love to treat you and your four guests to a lunch as our personal guest.
I am looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Luca Allieri
Il Fornaio Coronado GM
San Diego, California
“A restaurant chain that is well run”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have enjoyed meals in six Il Fornaio locations and they are all different, but with many wonderful dishes. They have regional Italian cuisine that changes plus a regular menu. Wines and food are good values, and service is most often excellent.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Sights, Sounds, and Smells”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The second time I visited this restaurant made me want to come back for more delicious food, the view, and the impromptu serenade. From the patio you have a good view of the water, and, if you're lucky you'll be serenaded by the signing waiter from Italy.

Visited April 2013