“Delicious food!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Ave.
Transit: Metrolink
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fabulous! My whole family loved this meal! Our 14 & 12 yr old ordered fettuccine Alfredo. My husband & I shared 2 meals- an arugula-proscuitto pizza & pasta bolognese. We also ordered the carpaccio foran appetizer. Everything was wonderful! We sat outside & the view of the water was beautiful.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We've always enjoyed our meals at Il Fornaio however this time the Sea Bass was a miss! It was overcooked, very dry. The manager didn't charge us for the sea bass. I started with their Pumaroru cu Piacentinu Ennese which was organic heirloom tomatoes, Piacentinu Ennese cheese, onions, caperberries, black olives and extra-virgin
olive oil. I had Pasta chi Purpetti, home made pasta, veal meatballs with a red wine pancetta sauce was delicious. My Secondi was Girelle con Filetto D'Agnello, which was
Grilled lamb tenderloin with mint salmoriglio; served with caponata and roasted potatoes. The Sicilia Wine Flight was a perfect complement to my 3 course meal. For dessert: Cassatina della Contessa: Layered sponge cake with triple sec and lemon custard, glazed in white and dark chocolates with chopped pistachios; served with crème anglaise and
raspberry sauce. The white chocolate was hard to cut into but didn't matter. It was delicious.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great overall experience. Food was fantastic. Service was great. Server was enthusiastic and personable. Exactly what we expected from Il Fornaio. Very consistent.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great place to spend with friends. Food is good and the bread basket is a welcomed surprise. View terrific and the patio is fun. If crowded you can sit outside and enjoy a nice glass of wine.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a terrific lunch out on the patio with a superb waiter and tremendous views. Salads, pizzas, pasta dishes were well priced, large servings and reflected fresh ingredients. Delightful. We have been here for dinner and even if you sit inside, the huge windows look out onto the Harbor. I wish I lived close enough to take advantage of their specials and classes.

Been to Il Fornaio? Share your experiences!