“Old Time Diner”

Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Coronado
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had lunch here and this is a very busy place. We got a booth and loved the classic rock music. My son got to play his favorite Buddy Holly song while we waited for the food. Great diner food and service.

1  Thank choutravel

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Loved this place! Great local place...I purchased a fun apron here to bring home to remember my trip from San Diego..sat up at the counter, had a delicious omelette with fresh avacados, desired the pie, but refrained, had a great cup of coffee...it was a packed house, but enjoyed my quiet lazy saturday on the island at this wonderful gem of a place...highly recommend...THIS is what diners should be...not a chain, I felt like I was back in the 1950's, had I been alive back then :)

1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We actually went there because we had seen another review and sure enough it was true-reminded us of a café in the 1950's/1960's. Lots of old time decorations, music & comfort food.

1  Thank beachh2o
Reviewed March 8, 2014

When I moved to San Diego in the 70's, Claytons was in Coronado - and it still stands today. Nothing special, certainly not fancy. It is a casual, clean coffee shop that serves an incredibly reasonable breakfast. You could go to a Denny's but Clayton's is really a coffee shop that will win your heart. Eggs, toast, crisp bacon and good tasting coffee (I am not a Starbucks fan).

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Even if you are not tired of oh hum breakfast food at hotels this place is a must. What a tasty treat! Cute interior, juke box against the wall and wait staff with smiles. Well done

Been to Clayton's Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!