“Its definitely the place for breakfast !!”

Clayton's Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Coronado
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 22, 2013

For our last breakfast in the US we wanted to find somewhere good, and Clayton's Coffee Shop kept popping up.

We were staying at the Marriott on the other side of Coronado so was only a 5 minute drive.

We spotted the shop by the queue outside as we turned around at the lights - i promptly bundled my wife and daughter out of the car to get our name on the list while we went and parked. I could find no close street parking, so stuck $10 in the box and parked in the Walgreens lot.

We waited around 10 minutes before being called in. It certainly cozy in there, and very very popular.

Drinks order was taken and quickly delivered. Food order followed and was back in a sensible amount of time.

I went for the biscuits and gravy with a side of corn beef hash - lovely !!

My wife had the Cinnamon French toast which looked great (i nether like cinnamon or french toast particularly but did look tasty) The kids both had pancakes. Nothing was left on the plates at the end.

Even though they were very busy there was no attempts to clear the table and get us ok.

Great place for Breakfast !!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant is 60's throwback with awesome pies and coffee, at very reasonable prices. The banana cream pie is a must.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you want to have a full breakfast in a genuine dinner with friendly people, this is the place. The food is good and inexpensive. It is the best place to have breakfast according to Coronado residents.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Due to the long wait for the diner (at 8:30 am on a Sunday), I opted for the walk-up window. I was hesitant because I was afraid the breakfast sandwiches were pre-made and served in a plastic wrapper. I was more than proven wrong!!!! I ordered a sausage, egg and cheese english muffin and it was TO DIE FOR!!!!!!! I highly suggest stopping at Clayton's! Be sure to get a donut hole, too!!

1  Thank SDSpence
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If You visit Coronado California, a must restaurant to eat at is Clayton's Coffee Shop. Clayton's is an olde tyme historical diner that serves terrific food at reasonable prices with excellent service in a quaint surrounding that only Coronado can replicate. The restaurant has been around for years and is one of the oldest active restaurants in San Diego county. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served, but be sure to go early for breakfast on Sunday's for the wait can be long, especially during the tourist season. Enjoy the "Oldies" music that will make you want to dance and sing along as it plays throughout the restaurant. Make sure to leave room for dessert, as their homemade fruit pies are extremely delicious, as are the cream pies, all are made on site. For those on the run, there is an outside walkup order window, for those that want a quick snack.
I would highly recommend Clayton's Coffee Shop if you want to be transported back in time to the 1950s . . . Enjoy!