Best Western Plus Suites Hotel Coronado Island
  • Breakfast included
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsferry landingcoronado islandsan diegowithin walking distancesmall poolfree breakfastconvenient locationhot breakfastbed was comfortablegreat place to staywet barblock walkwould stay here againorange avenueinternet serviceconvention centerclean rooms
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a very nice, clean room in a good location on the 3rd floor. There was parking under the building and we were told about the local ferry ride across to the San Diego Harbor! It was under $20.00 for my husband and I both to ride over and it was a nice, smooth relaxing ride and the highlight of our weekend! Breakfast in the morning was wonderful and had many choices, it was a great way to start our day! Everyone we encountered was helpful,friendly and professional. We will definetly recommend this BW to friends and famiy going to this area and we will return whenever we are back in this area!

Room Tip: All the rooms are located in open areas, sometimes the noice rises, not sure what the rooms are like on the first floor. The elevator was quick and efficient.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GraceMountain
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a great visit to Coronado and really liked staying at the Best Western Plus there. It's an older hotel, but very clean and nice. The staff was very accomodating and friendly too! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Even though it's on one side of the island, it's in a great location and within walking distance of the restaurants and shops. Save time and money on parking and just hoof it!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Trip to San Diego and had to book close to the stay. For the price, the room was spacious and was able to accommodate the 3 of us very comfortably. The room appeared to be clean. The breakfast was barely OK so we only ate in the hotel once. Parking was easy and free which was a big plus. On the down side: the room was a little worn, nothing too bad, BUT each morning I woke up with a bite or two on my legs and one morning with bites all over my lower back - first time in all my travels that I encountered bed bugs - I didn't realize it was bed bugs until the bites on my back the last night I stayed. There was no apology from the staff or show of surprise that I was so inconvenienced. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank mayfair57
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My sister and I met in San Diego for the Green Bay - Chargers football game and mini vacation. The pricey hotels on the beach would not accept a 3 night stay, but we were directed to the Best Western Suites who were able to accomodate us at half the rate of the pricey beach properties! Our expectations were overdelivered upon! Perfect location.....shops and restaurants with in a block, two blocks to the city ferry and a lovely 15 minute walk to the beach. Staff outstanding, room great (fridge), no disturbing noise (weekend with full occupancy), ammenities better than the Hiltons I stay at! We loved the location, and plan to bring back other family members to this hotel next trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tnpackfan
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The location was excellent. Breakfast was very good. Our only complaints were, we had arrived at the airport early in the morning and called them right away to see if we could check in early. They told us to call in the early afternoon. We could not check in until 3:00 PM. We felt that they should have been able to accommodate our request. We also stayed in a 4 star hotel in downtown San Diego and felt that it was better value, as it was less per night than the Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends