“Searching for the perfect fish taco”
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Philadelphia, PA
“Searching for the perfect fish taco”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

So, I have heard from many people that you can get amazing fish tacos in Southern Cal. I tried the fish tacos here. Frying fresh fish is not a kind thing to do to a fish. The batter was bland as was the sauce they used for the taco. The chips and salsa were quite good. My husband enjoyed his carne asada quesadilla. The mango margarita I had was good, but not great, and I thought it was on the small side. The atmosphere was nice and the servers were nice. My one pet peeve: They kept trying to take things off the table. Are you really so desperate for the plates, etc., that you have to pester the customers?

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Sun City, Arizona
“So-so”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We only had an appetizer here and it was underseasoned. Service just so-so. Chips and salsa were good and the cheese dip was a welcomed surprise.

Visited April 2014
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Great Margaritas - Always Crowded”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is always crowded and there is often a long wait. Usually that means the food is good, which it is but not excellent. San Diego is full of excellent Mexican food. Depending where you sit, the atmosphere can be dull or fun. Outdoors on the patio is much better.

Visited September 2013
Vicksburg, Michigan
“Muy Bueno!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The last time my husband & I were visiting my cousin, he took us to Miguel's, & we loved it. So when we decided to visit again, this was the first restaurant we wanted to visit. The margaritas are great, but a burrito with jalapeno white sauce is the best. Of course, the fish tacos are a real specialty item, too. Actually, everything we ordered was really tasty, & we had enough to take home for some yummy leftovers.

• Visited March 2014
Sierra Vista
“Excellent food, well kept secret”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our friend recommended Miguel's, and we are so glad she did! We received a coupon from the Coronado visitor center for a free appetizer. The waitress was very gracious about it, and even suggested the best appetizers since we would already get free tortilla chips. The chips came with salsa and some delicious jack cheese dip. It was fantastic. Worth the trip for just that! My husband got cheese enchiladas which he said was very good. I wanted fish and chili rellenos, and they had a calamari chili rellenos which was fantastic. Enough for two. I really didn't want beans and rice so they substituted a green salad, which was gourmet in itself. The customer service was excellent and the food even better. If you love Mexican food, stop here.

• Visited March 2014