“mexican dining”

Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tucked away off the main street I was surprised how busy this place was on a Wednesday lunch time. My son said the beef nachos were the best he had ever had! Service was good and the atmosphere nice and friendly, the dishes were reasonably priced and staff were welcoming. A good experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were back in Coronado last month, and made sure to go back to Miguel's for their delicious Mexican dishes! I had the shrimp diablo, and they were perfect, with just the right amount of kick. Their margaritas and mojitos are also very good. We like the atmosphere, and service was good, although we had to wait a bit to get our check. Next time we are fortunate enough to be back on Coronado Island, we will visit Miguel's again!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We always try to eat here when we are in Coronado. My favorite dish is the fish tacos. They were really busy and we had a 1/2 hour wait, but they served chips and salsa to everyone waiting!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were really looking forward to this and to try mexican food in sandiego but it really let our expectations down. I barely finished a third. The swordfish tacos were bland and why oh why do they have to put cheese in everything, beans, fish etc etc.The pork was also very very bland.

The chips and dips were the highlight, which were pretty good.

Nice atmosphere but would not return

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The environment, the staff and the service was great.

I was very disappointed with the food, but my wife is from Mexico, so I have been tainted with authentic mexican food.

The salsa was not good. Tasted manufactured and not home made. The rice with my dinner tasted like it was out of a box. The beans were soso. I ordered carne asada with my meal. The quality of the meat was not very good and I was looking for some Miguel's special seasoning and I did not find it.

It was our last meal on Coronado island as our vacation ended. I am glad I experienced Miguel's. Maybe next time I wont eat dinner, just drinks and an appetizer or dessert. Great fun place to hang! Just dont excpect a lot from the food.