“DECENT FOOD, NICE STAFF, POOR SERVICE”
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Ok, my dinner was pretty good. The staff was polite and cheerful. The ambience is awesome. Right across from the Dell, near shops and the patio is great. But the last two times I have eaten there, I have been pretty much ignored. It feels like the are about 15 percent above their capacity to provide good service. Both times were prime time Friday nights, but the service was poort. I got my drink when 3/4 through my meal. I like this place, but two lackluster experiences means I will not be returning for some time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A nice spot on Coronado with pleasant atmosphere. The sirloin with tamale was good but the rice was very so-so. The appetizer of cheese quesadilla was terribly bland and not worth it. Do not get it. A delicious Sangria was made and the Passionfruit tea was excellent. Service was very efficient. This was a close call between an average rating and very good rating but we'll give Miguel's Cocina the benefit of the doubt, however better Mexican can certainly be found elsewhere. If a 3.5 rating was available, then that would be 'spot on'.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the chips! We were almost immediately seated and they brought chips and white spicy cheese as soon as we sat down. The waiter was really knowledgeable about the food and gave great recommendations. Really good casual dining with normal $10-$15 plates.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Service was very slow. Dinners were just ok. 4 of us, nobody too excited about what they got. We thought it pricey for mediocre mexican food.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to having dinner here due to the reviews. I have to say we were disappointed. I ordered their enchiladas and was not impressed. Their prices were fair, but the taste, not so much.