Tripadvisor
Coronado
5,682 results
All reviews san diego silver strand beach ping pong shuttle service pool area free shuttle golf cart concierge desk business conference rental car self parking boogie boards per day beautiful property family vacation fitness center pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been to San Diego on many occasions but this is the first stay near Coronado. Hotel is somewhat secluded, but is both a positive and negative. Nothing within walking distance, but hotel offers free shuttle service to Coronado and Imperial Beach is less than $10 Uber ride away. Beach is a 5 minute walk from hotel and a nice bike/running path will take you into Coronado (north) or Imperial Beach (south). Rooms are spacious and updated with views of either the bay or pools. Large pool area but not many people using it this time of year. Onsite rental of bikes and water craft. Staff friendly and responsive to needs. No issues encountered during our brief stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review Loews Coronado Bay after your recent stay. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy all the great aspects of our waterfront property, as well as charming Coronado, during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful destination in the future!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We've enjoyed stays in years past at the infamous Hotel Del and wanted to start an 8 day road trip up the California coastline in Coronado...after some Tripadviser research, it was apparent that if we wanted to avoid the noise and distraction of the current construction project at the Del, we'd have to find somewhere else to stay....my priorities were a waterfront location and upscale experience....nailed them both at the Loew's...standout features included the pool areas and grounds....just perfect...our Bayside suite was as good as it gets and delivered all as promised....right over the water, spacious accomodation with large living and separate from the large bedroom (no door between the 2 so while the privacy for our daughter who slept on the comfortable pull-out couch was compromised still was adequate....big bath with dual vanity and large 2 headed shower...having visited the Del while we were there before dining at the Bluewater Grill, I'm glad we chose the Loew's....construction was intrusive and the Del has added so many new accomodations right on the beach that it felt kind of crowded....but then there is that beach at Hotel Del...only glitch at the Loew's was a super slow dinner at the Crown early on a very slow night....ordered charcuterie to get started because we were starved and that's usually out quicky....nope painfully slow and so were the cocktails and rest of meal....maybe just a bad night....anyway would stay here again in a heartbeat

Date of stay: January 2020
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hello Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback from your recent stay with us at Loews Coronado Bay – we appreciate it very much. We are happy to see that overall you had a positive experience. We will meet with the Crown Landing team to discuss changes we can implement to make dinner service more timely and enjoyable. We hope you had a wonderful drive up the coast and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Coronado Bay Resort the next time your travels bring you to the San Diego area.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Just spent one night at Loews with my dear friend. From the beginning...perfect! When making the reservation I actually called a REAL person who was beyond helpful and saved us a good 75$ by checking on AAA breakfast package. Also helped me decide which view I wanted...(Go for the bay view!)...Arrived and was checked in by a delightful guest relations person...complete with an upgrade for only 10$! What a beautiful corner room with a view of the city AND the Silver Strand Beach. The room was spacious...beautiful bathroom...large balcony. From there it just got better...needed a snack but wanted the cheese plate from the Cays Lounge 'to go'...NO PROBLEM! Later wanted a light meal from the Silver Strand...great selection of sandwiches and burgers. The young men were cooking bacon...and I commented on how wonderful it smelled...when I opened our bag with our food in it there was an extra container with a few pieces of bacon! Who DOES that???? Concierge helped my friend print her boarding pass. Used our Resort Credit for breakfast in the Crown Landing...Margarita and her crew took great care of us. Food was delicious. And Margarita makes a great cup of coffee. Same lovely woman who checked us in...checked us out...again delightful...Valet friendly and efficient. When I received the complete folio on my email at home I noticed there was a 10$ discrepancy on the resort credit. I called customer service...INSTANT adjustment and the correct folio was emailed as we spoke. Bottom line...I'm a local from North County who stays in SD when my friend comes to visit. This was a new property for me except for dinner once in a while. My husband had many positive experiences at Loews when he was working so he suggested something new. We absolutely loved it...location...value...but most importantly the staff! Kudos and we shall return! Keep on doing what you are doing. Linda Stone, Carlsbad, CA

Room tip: we like the bay view...and the room we had in building 1 on the 3rd floor also gave us a view of the beach...

Hello Retired61108,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback to future travelers considering Loews Coronado Bay – we appreciate it very much. We are happy to see that you and your friend had a positive experience and are thrilled that you found our team to be helpful throughout your stay. I look forward to sharing your review with our team and we hope to see you again at Loews Coronado Bay the next time you are in need of a getaway.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I booked with a third party and was told the resort fee would be $26. This, while they also claimed the hotel had "free" internet , etc., which, of course was not free. It was part of the resort fee, which is $38.50 with tax. Parking is $31, which was expected, but I was disappointed when I found out that there was no short-term parking at all. So when I expected to have friends over for drinks before we went out to dinner in town, that wasn't practical, as they'd each have to pay $31 to park for a couple of hours. And since this resort is several miles out of town, you're not going to be walking to any of the attractions.

It's a pretty spot, for sure, and the rooms are very nice. It was just a waste of money for what I was expecting to be able to do.

Hello Socalreporter,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and sharing your feedback regarding the resort and parking fees and policies. We consider all guest feedback to be a gift and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to the San Diego area. We look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Coronado Bay Resort.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

While we stayed for just a night? The staff and service was superb - BAR NONE as they say! "The Landing" Restaurant was outstanding in every conceivable way from table layout, views, service AND FOOD. The VIEWS at this place of all including marina's and over to the Mexican border were spectacular. The outdoor areaS were magnificent in every respect with pools, umbrellas and stellar seating arrangements. Our room was outstanding - clean, comfortable (-though my bed a bit worn I suspect, all else really did more than compensate...)

Date of stay: January 2020
LoewsCoronado, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hello MisinformedAlways,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Loews Coronado Bay. We are so happy to hear that you found the team and service to be top quality, and that you were able to enjoy the amenities of the resort. We would love to welcome you back to our beautiful destination in the future.