“Most relaxing place I have been”

Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
AZ
“Most relaxing place I have been”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

From the moment we checked in to when we left, the hotel staff and accommodations were excellent!!! I had a massage in the spa and I couldn't ask for anything better. My husband and kids had a ball at the pool and beach (they shuttle you over). We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (899)
Dallas
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The hotel is beautiful, and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very isolated, though, if you do not have a car. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle, that takes you into downtown Coronado Bay. But, it only runs 3 times a day, and the latest it comes back is 6PM. So, if you want to go to dinner downtown, you would need to take a taxi back to hotel. Other than that, everything was wonderful. I would agree though, that the beach is nicer by the Hotel Del Coronado. Restaurants are pricey, but good. Gordy the concierge, was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed August 30, 2009

from the front desk personnel to the housekeeper who turned our beds down at night and everyone in between the service was excellent and their attitude professional, courteous and friendly. looking forward to returning.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a romantic getaway and it was wonderful. There are a lot of kids and it can sometimes get noisy. However, during the day when families are sightseeing, it's very peaceful and relaxing here. The service was great - especially Gordy and Jason and the food was good too although a little expensive. Plenty of fun activities and a GREAT pool area. Not impressed with SilverStrand Beach. Instead, take a quick drive up to Coronado Beach and also enjoy all the charming eateries and shops. The Coffee Shop on Orange Street is the best place to enjoy a great homecooked breakfast - plenty of locals to chat with and the vintage atmosphere really makes you feel like you've been placed in 1955. Brigatine Inn restaurant also has excellent seafood. At Loews, I recommend enjoying fish tacos poolside - very fresh and yummy. Very pet friendly and you'll be impressed by the beautiful boats docked at the Marina and multi-million dollar homes just across the way - it's fun just to watch the boats coming and going. I recommend getting a room that overlooks the Bay and Gardens, but not the pool unless you have kids. The pool is the biggest attraction of the place and I really loved it but it's a little compact so lots of kids and families - get there early to claim your spot. The rooms are clean and charming; the balconies are spacious; the service is great; quick drive to the heart of Coronado (you must have a car or you'll spend a lot of money on cab fare); secluded from the hustle and bustle; plenty of fun activities and great for kids and families.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I would like to express a huge thank you to Loews Coronado Resort and Spa in San Diego. My family and I traveled there for much needed R and R. The resort staff was excellent, very attentive to our needs. I can't wait to go back.

edmonton
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We arrived around 3pm and our two rooms were ready. I had called ahead that morning and also a week before our trip to make sure we would get really nice bay view rooms as it was my husbands 50th birthday and he wanted a view of downtwon San Diego and the bridge. I was assured that we would have very nice rooms of the bay. Well no, we were put in building 5 which is the furthest from the lobbly and also the worst view of the bay as you really can't see downtown San Diego or the bridge. I called to the front desk and was told they had no more rooms but they didn't seem that busy. Four drink tickets were issued to us for our lack of view. Oh well we were here for a week Our room had abit of a smell to it but we kept the balcony door open most of the time which kept the room alittle fresher. We had stayed at the very nice Loews Portofino hotel in Orlando two years ago and I guess that visit to Loews made my expectations way too high? I don't think they need to charge for parking as you kind of need a car to get back to anywhere and the 18% tip or service charge is just not right. If I get good service in a restaurant I will tip but I do not like to be told how much to tip. We ate at Mistals which was very nice and good food.The funny thing is that Mistrals which is their fine dining restaurnat does not add the 18% tip and they should because the service was great. Only the market cafe and poolside service add 18% even during buffets. For adding the 18% tip they really should offer you the free champagne they have with their sunday brunch but they don't offer it you have to ask. I was at the pool one day and I had no service so I went up to the bar to get two drinks and I was charged 18% tip. Who did that tip go to I wonder? I did not see a credit on my bill in the end. As a matter of fact make sure to constantly check your bill via the tv to make sure it is correct as I had charges on my room like valet that did not apply to us. It also costs $10 a day to use the fitness facilities including the steamroom unless your a Loews first customer which we are. The steamroom is really nice as was the fitness room. I booked this hotel using Expedia and the rooms came with free food and beverage credit so I got a very good deal. If I had to pay full price for the room I would think it was priced too high. There are a couple of people who helped me out during our visit. Jeremy let by the baggage counter let me use the computer t buy Disney tickets which took about 10 mins and Jessica printed my boarding passes at the front desk. These two staff stood out for me as they did more than expected. I have renamed building 5 the Expedia building as I think that is where they put you if you book through expedia. I am thinking that if I would have booked through the hotel at a higher price I would have had a nicer view.

2 Thank lenniejp
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We loved this hotel. The restaurants were good, the location is quiet and serene. If you live nearby and want to bring your dog, they are a great hotel for pets. Pets are very welcome. There were quite a few dogs in the lounge in the evenings which was kind of cool and made us miss our dogs. Very clean room. Loved the blanket they put on the bed to snuggle up with and the newspaper on your doorstep each morning. Very cozy and quiet hotel. We will always stay here when we return to San Diego.

Loved the free covered parking too.

It can be a bit chilly there though. Take a sweater.

The staff was very friendly. The only thing is that I wish the front desk would move a bit faster during early morning check-out. We had a flight to catch...

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILLV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
La Valencia Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#5 of 279 in San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#8 of 16 in Coronado

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!