“Off the Beaten Path”

Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. Prices were fair.

Large resort type place with all the amenities. Great views of the bay from the room . Large sunken tub in room. Large outdoor pools. The grounds outside have no real places to walk other than the multiple driveways.

There were many children and pet dogs over holiday weekend when were here.. But worry not, neither the kids or dogs were running around in packs. They were secured, so you are safe.

This location is known for making bacon bloody marys. They infuse the vodka for days with bacon, strain it, then add two long strips of bacon to the finished drink. We had many.

They also have a free shuttles to downtown Coronado (about 4 miles away) , near the Del.

San Diego has a symphony of restaurants.
Why? 30 million people visit SD each year.

Room Tip: As always, a room with a view of the bay and/or bridge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry P
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and thank you for choosing Loews. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was our third year in a row at the amazing Loews Resort. Each time we have been welcomed and serviced by the friendly concierge, Elizabeth Markling, who was the reason for our return trip each year. She made our stay comfortable and above expectations. She helped with reservations and tours. She made us feel like we were coming home and made us feel like part of her family. She has a genuine gift of making you feel comfortable at one of the most beautiful resorts around. We look forward to seeing her and visiting Loews again next year. Thank you Elizabeth for giving us a vacation to remember and look forward to. Marcia & Alan H

Room Tip: The rooms on the Bay side give you the most beautiful view of the bay at sunset.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and thank you for choosing Loews for the third consecutive year. We're thrilled that Elizabeth has made you feel at home and part of the family over the years. She's such a tremendous asset to our team and your kind comments will be happily shared. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for another memorable vacation next year.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Loews Coronado was a great hotel/resort -I stayed there for a 2 night stay for business/pleasure

PRO's
- Hotel is very spread out, parking is all underground and easy access to rooms
- There are if I remember 4 pools there with F&B service all the time
- All staff was outgoing, friendly and helpful
- The resort is secluded by itself so it is very very quiet
- It is about a 10 minute drive from downtown Coronado
- It is right on the Bayside so you get amazing views of San Diego and the bridge
- Spacious rooms with separate shower and bath
- Awesome views from the bar area
- Very kid friendly/Family friendly

CON's
- Food is super expensive at the property
- There is a little deli type thing with really good food, but if I remember right it is like $16 for a sandwich with nothing else included.
- You do need a car, from SAN airport it is a good 30+ minute drive, then to really go anywhere another 10-15 minute drive.
- The drive is pretty awesome though, you pass a Naval base and a lot of hustle and bustle in that area
- The property can get really busy, then the pool area gets busy
- Ask for a room away from the pool - it gets noisy

Overall, a great property. I wish I could have spent more time there

Thanks team!

Room Tip: Away from the pool area, unless you want that view - ask for full bay view rooms - they will be more...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay at Loews Coronado Bay, and we hope to welcome you back for a return visit soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Mistral restaurant had great service and great food. The multiple pools and pool area was neat and clean and the bar service with Dan and Francesca was excellent. They were fun, helpful by recommending some good local restaurants and provided great service. The room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed your guestroom, had a great dining experience in Mistral and that Dan and Francesca provided you with great service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Coronado Bay soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I attended a business conference our company sponsored at the Loews and the property was fantastic and beyond expectations. On my second night there I needed to take 12 key customers to dinner but no reservations were made in advance. I stopped at the concierge desk and met with Gordon Berry who helped me select a fantastic restaurant near the gaslight district (Bertrands). The restaurant was booked but he leveraged his relationship with the people at the restaurant to get my group and two other groups of twelve reservations for that night. Amazing!! He also arranged transportation to the restaurant for each of the groups. It was a successful night at dinner and although I was toasted for my efforts I have Gordon to thank for a wonderful restaurant recommendation, fantastic view of the city (Bertrands) and exception food! Thanks to the Loews and Gordon!!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking to pool were great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We're thrilled that you found the property to be fantastic and beyond your expectations, and that Gordon was able to assist you with your dinner reservations. He is an amazing asset to our team. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I live about 10 minutes drive away from Loews and was looking for a great day spa where I could relax now and again. I am so glad I tried this place out. I have been twice now and have loved both times. The first time I had a massage and facial and my hair done. My hair was cut, treated with a deep conditioning treatment and styled by Emmanuel (Manny) and I must say, my hair looked incredible when he was finished with me! So much so that when I entered the reception area to pay, a few other guests commented on how amazing my hair looked! If you want to look stunning for an event (I later went to a birthday party where everyone commented on my hair right away), go see Manny! I will be seeing him again for a keratin treatment!
The second time I visited the spa I had a Balinese style massage. Mariza was my massage therapist and I would recommend her! I was lulled into relaxation(a very unnatural state for me)!
The spa also has a steam room, sauna, two spa pools(hot tub shaped), an indoor relaxation area, and an outdoor. I sunbathed outside whilst reading a book and enjoying a room service lunch that was ordered for me by the lovely spa host!
All in all, I love this place and am so happy I have somewhere to come, chill out, get a tan, and get my hair done beautifully!
I think I should just get a resort membership!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Champagnejen
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We're delighted that you enjoyed your services from Manny and Mariza, and that you've recently discovered how wonderful Sea Spa is. Please let us know if we can answer any questions about our resort membership for you. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We continue to enjoy each and every time we visit. The hotel staff is wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, clean, attractive, and top notch. Food and service is wonderful.

I've noticed the Marina often is not included in the overall ratings. And it should be! It is part of the overall beauty and interesting aspects of the hotel.
The staff at the Marina easily gets a 5 star rating ....every time! They are courteous, helpful, and interesting people.
Because of the Marina and its staff, the overall experience of being at the hotel is enlarged. You can sail, kayak, motor boat, etc. The staff will help you with all of it so you can have a "FUN on the water experience" instead of wishing you could. They have it all.

If you sail/motor from some other destination, you should consider Loews Marina. Call ahead for a slip by phone or VHF, staff will meet you, tie you up, get your boat's utilities all plugged in and working. You'll feel 5 Stared!

They'll give you the run down on all the other wonderful amenities available at Loews.
Then go hot tub those sore muscles, use their wonderful clean and serviced showering facilities and then....... go to the unbelievable views in the bar/TV lounge, then decide which of numerous ways you'd like to eat.

Simply ....Wonderful people and facility!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Marina, or the Ocean side..The Marina is fun to watch all that goes on.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you find the hotel staff to be wonderful, as well as the resort grounds and amenities. We're also pleased that you enjoy visiting the marina... the marina activities are such a fun, unique aspect of the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Coronado Bay soon.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Downtown
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!