Loews Coronado Bay Resort
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$225
$203
$349
$260
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$219
$169
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$379
$397
$335
$299
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$249
Crown City Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$165
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$239
$223
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$243
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
4,733 results
All reviewsmarket cafemistral restaurantsan diegosilver strand beachping pongshuttle servicefree shuttlegolf cartconcierge deskpool area isan adultrental carself parkingbusiness conferenceper dayboogie boardsfamily vacation
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I wish i could live here!!! The staff are second to none from the Bellman to the Housekeepers and everyone in between. Top notch place! Free shuttle into the village every hour and an amazing uncrowded beach across the street is a HUGE bonus!

Room Tip: Ask for Bay view facing downtown San Diego.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank YachtSter
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We're pleased that you found the staff to be second to none and the hotel to be top notch. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed ten days at this fabulous hotel last October. From the moment I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by smiling, friendly and eager to please staff. This was my experience every time I walked past an employee for my entire vacation. I was frequently asked if I was enjoying my stay, and if there was anything I wanted or needed. It made me feel like a celebrity.

The suite was equally fantastic. It was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The bed and the bedding was so luxurious and the view was spectacular!

Every meal and drink were delicious, even a steak ordered from room service was as perfect as any I've ever had at a restaurant.

I can honestly say that I have never had a lovlier experience, and am planning to return there for my next vacation. I can hardly wait!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay and the Coronado bridge, but I doubt any view would be bad.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carla P

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted that you felt like a celebrity when you stayed with us and that you were equally impressed with your guestroom and dining experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Coronado Bay for your next vacation.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We live in north county San Diego and took a couple of days off to visit your Hotel. We were so pleased by the conscience effort that your employees make to put your guests at ease. The friendly smiles and peaceful environment made the stay relaxing and restful. As a teacher I was so impressed with the behavior of the young people at the hotel too! As for my dog, he was treated like a king. Taking the time to choose to stay close by to home instead of taking a "big" trip was made with a few points in mind. You covered each of these, by helping us stay in your hotel stress free. No worries about our pup and we were given all the amenities and more at your resort. Thank you to you all! I want to personally thank a few, Ashley and Michelle in the Cays Restaurant! t
they both went out of their way to be sure we were taken care of! Kudos to you all!

Room Tip: Bay views are prime.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Mismagi

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and thank you for choosing Loews for your staycation getaway. We're delighted that you and your pup had a relaxing and restful stay with us and that Ashley and Michelle both went out of their way to take care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had never stayed at a Loews property before, but after seeing the great reviews, I decided to give it a try on my recent business trip to NAS North Island. If you have ANY hesitation about staying here, banish those thoughts immediately! This was an amazing stay.

Upon arrival, the hotel is immaculate, with a beautiful clock feature in the main entryway projecting the time on the floor. Check-in was a breeze, and I was upgraded (!) to a partial ocean-view suite. It was a bit of a walk to the third building, but when I got up to my room I was blown away! A cool, calm decorating scheme set the tone for a lovely bayside view. There was a large soaking tub, a glass shower, and top-of-the-line amenities in the bathroom, and the bedroom was spacious and clean.

During my stay, I tried out a number of different amenities and restaurants. I visited the pool bar and restaurant, La Cantina, and was greeted by Marissa and Brando. They were outstanding! Since I was staying by myself, it was fantastic to have some great conversation with these two. Marissa recommended a number of restaurants in the area, and Brando kept me entertained with some fun stories. Overall, I had an absolute blast there, and the drinks were cold and well-crafted.

I also visited the internal hotel bar, and had a wonderful experience with Bobby as my bartender. He recommended a number of scotches, and took great care to make sure I always had a full glass of water and mixed nuts. I also met Scott and Jimmy, who were also working the bar, and they also provided some excellent recommendations and conversation! They have a number of top-shelf liquors, and I also had the chicken quesadilla, which was delicious.

When it was time to schedule my airport shuttle and a shuttle to downtown Coronado on my last day, I was absolutely fortunate to have Gordon Barry assist me. Mr. Barry not only scheduled my airport pickup (4:30 am! yuck!!!), but printed my boarding pass for me and introduced me to staff who scheduled my Coronado trip for that evening. The shuttle to Coronado downtown is FANTASTIC! Not having to deal with parking, they drop you off right across the street from Hotel Del Coronado and pick you up at a time (15 minutes on the hour) of your choosing. Matthew was my driver for both trips into and out of the downtown area, and he did an excellent job recommending restaurants and providing an absolutely pleasant ride.

Overall, the grounds were gorgeous. There is a bird cage in the hallway with a number of singing finches, spa services (which I did not try out, but not for wanting to!), and a wonderful beach with beach cruisers to take you right to the best sands on the Silver Strand. It seemed like there were also bike rentals and gondola rides, and the gardens surrounding all of the property were beautifully manicured. My room was overlooking a honeysuckle garden, and it smelled so great when I sat out on my balcony.

The Loews Coronado Bay resort exceeded all my expectations. It seemed like even the most minor details were attended to, from the housekeeping to the gentleman at the valet service opening doors and asking if there was anything they could assist me with. I really felt like even though I was in town for business, I had a vacation of my own! I couldn't have been more pleased and I would definitely stay here again next time I am in town. Thank you to everyone who made my stay so amazing!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Christine C

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay. We're thrilled that you had an amazing stay with us and that we were able to exceed all of your expectations. We're also pleased that Marissa, Brando, Bobby, Scott, Jimmy, Gordon and Matthew all took excellent care of you. We take pride in our high service standards, so your feedback about our wonderful staff is very important to us and much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Coronado Bay soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a four day stay planned at the Loews Coronado...after a series of disappointments, we checked out of the hotel within out first 18 hours. In short, hotel was not allergy friendly and housekeeping overall was very poor.

When I reserved a one bedroom suite at the hotel back in January, I notified the hotel that my son had severe peanut/tree nut allergies and I was assured that they would perform an extra thorough cleaning of the room the day of our arrival to ensure any nut remnants were removed. Despite three separate phone calls to the hotel in the months leading up to my family's arrival as well as a call hours ahead of out arrival where each call we were assured that the reservation had the nut allergy housekeeping request noted, our room was never cleaned out to remove nut products (see picture). Making matters worse, when we called hours prior to arrival indicating that we were due to the hotel by 9pm that night and were assured that housekeeping would prepare the pullout couch in the suite's bedroom for our two children, we were disappointed to see that the pullout couch was not ready for our kids prior to our arrival. When we arrived the person at the front desk said "Oh...I see that you had called ahead to have the pullout couch to be ready...if you get to the room and you see that the couch is still not ready, call us and we'll get it set up." Sure enough, the couch wasn't ready (and the person at the front desk must have anticipated this) and it took a walk back to the front desk and two further calls to housekeeping to get the couch set up...after 90 minutes and two trips up by housekeeping, all we ever received was a top sheet/bottom sheet, one pillow, no blanket for the pullout couch for two kids.

When I asked the hotel to please have housekeeping perform the as promised cleaning of the room for my son's allergies they came in, removed the nut products from the wet bar upon out request, performed 2 minutes of vacuuming, and wiped the counters and furniture with a wet dirty rag for another two minutes. The room, despite being marketed as newly renovated looked old and tired (including ratty, chipped wicker chairs, a yellow Naugahyde nightstand from the 1970s, and a overwhelming musty smell that permeated the room). The bathroom, however, was relatively up to date.

In addition to housekeeping issues in the rooms, the housekeeping issues extended to the common areas of the hotel. While the main lobby is modern and sleek, even the main bathrooms in the lobby were dirty and had a strong smell of feces in the main area by the sinks.

For a suite that is typically rented out at $400+ dollars per night, especially one that is marketed for families, the product offered from Loews is a gross misrepresentation. Upon expressing our disappointment, the desk manager on duty (her name was Sarah I believe and was professional and courteous) compensated our stay for the night and honored our request to check out early the next morning.

Admittedly, given the mixed reviews I read on trip advisor prior to checking into the hotel, I was tempted to book another hotel prior to arriving. I was heartened, however, by the number of positive reviews and informative responses/retorts appended to previous reviews by the hotel's general manager and as a result decided to give Loews a try. With my review, rather than the general manager expending effort to append a response to my review, I hope that the general manager shifts his/her focus to review the internal operations of the hotel (especially the abysmal housekeeping we experienced) to ensure that the product offered to consumers matches what is being marketed to consumers.

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank dmz_ny

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us in detail. We regret to hear of your disappointment with the housekeeping service you received and we're very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your short time with us, as this is clearly not the standard we wish to present. Our guestrooms were renovated earlier this year; however, we apologize that you did not care for the style or decor. We're glad that Sarah compensated your stay and we've shared your comments with our management team to ensure more attentive service. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to address the issues of concern.