“Excellent !!!!!!!!!l.”

Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location of this hotel is only about 5 minutes shuttle ride from the Del. It has a wonderful feeling of being far away and yet so close The hotel staff is five star plus and try so hard to make your stay a pleasant one. We stayed six nights five days and were never bored. Our room was nice. It wasn't glamorous but certainly clean and comfortable. They accept dogs but we were told that they are restricted to Blgs. 4 and 5. We did have some meals at the hotel and they were very good. We will return . There is such a tremendous sense of serenity as you are surrounded by the ocean and the sand dunes at this hotel. We had dinner at the Brigantine , Miguels and the Boat House located across the street from the Del. Worth going. Iris

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and were able to take in the serenity that being on a peninsula allows. I will share your kind comments with the staff as they enjoy hearing when they create a pleasant stay for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

At first I thought that this hotel was too far from anything. There isn't anything really out here except the hotel. I got used to it. If you have a rental car, it's typical California, you have to drive to places. The hotel has a shuttle to downtown Coronado which is very nice. The hotel itself is clean and cozy. My room was on the pool, except that my patio didn't have pool access -- the one sort of "eh" moment. The food was good. They have a 24 hour lobby cafe which was a nice touch and the bar staff rocked!

Room Tip: Take the shuttle into downtown Coronado and enjoy some of the restaurants.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and took use of the shuttle into downtown Coronado. I’ll let the bar team members know that they “rocked”!!! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I see this hotel best fitted for those with friends or family on the strand or the nearby amphib base. There are lots of fun activities on site the dont involve waves, but it is not like staying in the Coronado village. Nice rooms, comfy beds, not much to view, great pool space, delicious breakfast. Stay if you dont mind being away from the actual community.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Skrzypeks
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My Mom, sister and I spent the weekend at Loews for my 25th birthday. We only live 30 minutes north but it felt like we took a true vacation! All of the staff members were helpful. Room service brought up chocolate covered strawberries and I got a glass of champagne at the spa for my birthday! They had a DJ at the pool on Saturday which was fun. We also rented paddle boards. It was the perfect Staycation! I'd highly recommend visiting the Sea Spa- wonderful faculties and reasonable prices. It is a drive into town but it didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you chose to spend your 25th birthday with us. I happy to see you were able to enjoy some of our recreation amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and is in a wonderful location. The location has its pros and cons... It's away from downtown and northern Coronado. However, the reaort offers a free shuttle service that takes you down by Hotel del Coronado (we took advantage of that). The staff was amazing and they were all very professional and welcoming. Our room was decorated in a contemporary beachy theme and was beautiful. The bathroom was updated with great features and a sunk-in oversized bathtub. The views of the Bay are beautiful too. Because we stayed during March Madness (basketball), the bar by the lobby had a large screen TV to watch all the games and a beautiful indoor/outdoor patio with relaxing furnature and decorative firepits with a view of the Coronado Bridge and bay. I didn't try any of the restaurants, but the bar made some really amazing and unique mixed drinks & offered a lot of different bottled beers. It cost $25/night to park :/ but it was secluded from public areas, which made it more secure. Would recommend staying here if you don't want to pay the price of staying at Hotel del Coronado (just because you can't beat the beach and location of that hotel, in my opinion).

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cmahl

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our newly renovated patio area and lobby with our new “TV-wall”. I will share your kind comments with the team regarding their professional and welcoming demeanor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to Loews after bidding for a 4 Star hotel on Coronado. I had hope to get the Marriott (the other 4 Star hotel on the island) but was happy to get a good room rate during spring break. I booked two rooms and were told that both had a King Size bed in them. Before arriving I called and asked if I could change those to rooms with two beds in each. I was told no and so I requested a roll-away for each room. I called a second time to see if someone else would give the same answer. They did and added that each roll-away would be an extra $25/night. When I arrived to check-in I asked one more time and the friendly associate call a manager to switch to two bed rooms.

The rooms are very clean and well decorated. I love the bathroom area with jacuzzi tub and a glass on two side shower. My wife has a cpap machine and there were no extra outlets by the bedside table where it was needed, but we just unplugged the clock radio. Our room that was close to an elevator was noisy. When families go to the elevator it seems to be a ritual of the family arriving in two groups and the both groups yelling back and forth until they both meet up at the elevator. The rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves.

The hotel is a few miles from the nearest store and so if you want to eat on site or get a snack or grab a soda, pull out your checkbook. The two teenagers in our group had over $600 of food and snacks in 6 days. Ouch! Self parking is $25 per night or $30 for valet parking. No soda machines so five bucks for fruit water. A small square of chocolate is $4 bucks. They know they've got you so just be prepared.

One morning at breakfast I mentioned to someone they were out of fruit at the buffet. Within a few minutes two separate people came to my table with bowls of fruit.

The pools are fantastic and there were lots of people out each day enjoying the sun. They have three tennis courts and on one of them they have a basketball hoop. $8 for a half-hour or $15 for an hour.

They have a free a free to use washer and dryer and you as supposed to be able to buy detergent in the gift shop, but they were out. Housekeeping came through though and gave us some of their commercial soap.

I lost a memory card and it was found and returned. Employees there were always helpful and happy.

Overall a good stay, but next time I will get something closer to the downtown area of Coronado.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BWChile
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I sent my aunt and uncle here after their fiftieth anniversary Hawaiin cruise. The cruise wasn't a good experience for them, but the staff at Loews made up for it. Aunt and Uncle said Loews was the highlite of their trip. They had nothing but great things to saay about the resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellin__man049
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
#1 of 17 in Coronado
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!