Loews Coronado Bay Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$200
Curio.com
$371
$309
  • Restaurant
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$279
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$350
$332
Hotwire.com
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$212
$203
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$215
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,676 results
All reviewsmarket cafemistral restaurantsan diegosilver strand beachping pongshuttle servicefree shuttlegolf cartconcierge deskpool area isan adultrental carself parkingbusiness conferenceper dayboogie boardsfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here about two weeks ago for two days while we visited the San Diego area. The area was gorgeous and the hotel itself was very nice. The service was excellent and we were upgraded to a Bay view without even asking. Parking was easy and convenient. Yes it cost $25 per day but everywhere we went on our California trip cost money to park, some as much as $40 per night. That's the price you have to pay when you are staying in a big city so I really don't understand that complaint. Double that for WiFi. Yes it would be nice if it was free, but only 1 hotel we stayed at offered it complimentary so I don't see any reason to knock this one down because of it. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting the area.

Room Tip: Look for a Bay view if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank huhnnich
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you had such a wonderful visit. I’m glad you were able to experience one of our Full Bay view rooms and your comments regarding parking are much appreciated as our rates are some of the lowest on Coronado. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is a little out of the way (no shopping or nearby amenities within walking distance). and it is best you rent a car if you plan to stay at this hotel. It is very clean and airy. The water views are awesome. There are 2 restaurants on the premises but I did not get a chance to sample the food because it was closed on Mondays, however, the conference lunch provided was very good and I was very surprise. It’s a rare occasion that I can say the food is as good as the hotel.
The hotel welcomes pets, I saw many well behaved dogs on the premises. I will recommend this hotel and return again.

Room Tip: Building 5 rooms facing east are bright and cheery.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you had such a wonderful visit and that you would return again. I will pass on your comments to our Executive Chef so he may share with his team as they take great pride in the product they serve. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Attended a business conference at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort over a long weekend. It is a great resport hotel near San Diego in a relaxing environment. Overall the resort offers the business traveler and vacationer a lot to do without having to leave the hotel grounds. Which is good because if you don't have a car there isn't much within walking distance. The rooms were standard size but clean and comfortable and the amenities at the hotel were great for a resort of this size. The staff was very polite and professional and willing to help out any guest. Overall I would recommend this resort to anybody looking for a getaway in San Diego, but bring a car if you want to do some sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GermanyTwinsFan

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you were here on a business conference but were able to get a little relaxation in. For future visits we do offer a shuttle throughout the day into downtown Coronado. We look forward to welcoming you back soon either with another conference or just to relax.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for a site visit (looking for a venue to host a physician retreat) on 3/1. Andrea from sales set everything up and it was really nice.
Hotel: The hotel is located at the far end of Coronado. It is isolated and surrounded by water. Very beautifully set up. The hotel recently underwent some renovations and the property looked great.
Check-in: Driving the parking situation was a tad interesting. They have a gate type thing in the front where you have to pick up a ticket and trade it for a parking card. Kind of a pain. Then you can either valet or self park (underneath the resort). Andrea met me in the front and gave me a quick tour. We arrived at 2:50pm and found that our room was not ready. He took my cell phone number but never called me when it was ready. Andrea had to re check for me. I got into my room a little before 4pm.
Room: We had a really beautiful room at the end of the hall. IT was a luxury suite and was beautiful. We could see the water from every window. Getting to the room was kind of a pain. My biggest complaint about this resort was the elevators. There are only 3 floors to the hotel, but the elevators took forever and a day. Unacceptable. Back to the rooms, the bedding was comfortable. The funny thing was that there was still a tube TV in the sitting area (haven't seen one in forever at a hotel).
Grounds: Really nice. The pool area did seem a tad cramped because there were multiple pools right next to each other. Lots of chairs and umbrella. They only offer a few cabanas and those were located at the adult only section. I like the fact that they had a cooking station during lunch serving fresh hot food by the pool. There were a few tennis courts and sport courts too. I like the ping pong tables scattered throughout the pool area.
Service: Everywhere we went, we were met with a friendly face. No big complaints in this area. I was a tad disappointed that they did not offer the same activities that they do in the summer (herb garden tour, etc.). The weather was awesome this weekend and it would have been nice to participate in some of them.
Food: We arrived to find chips and guacamole/salsa in our room. Nice touch Andrea. IT was great. Breakfast (the only meal that I ate there) was great at the Market restaurant. Decent selection of food at the buffet. They even had a carving station (pork, I believe) at breakfast. Omelete bar was nice and had spanish sausage and chorizo as some of the options. We sat outside on the patio and it was nice and peaceful.
Business meeting aspect: This resort seems ideal to host business meetings and function. They have a ton of space. The outdoor area has a nice patio to host a dinner type function (overlooking the bay). The hotel was supposedly at capacity, but never felt overcrowded.

All in all, this place seems like a wonderful place to bring your family or love ones to spend a mini vacation. I enjoyed my stay and would consider returning

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor so you don't have to deal with the elevator situation...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I’m excited to hear you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to Andrea as I know she takes great pride in creating wonderful memories. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another mini-vacation.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was in California for business and decided to stay a few days extra and visit a friend San Diego. As my friend had to work thought I would stay at a hotel where I could just relax and enjoy the weather. I chose the Loews for its location on Coronado and its reasonable price for a resort. Now, I read some of the reviews which comment on the location away from town but that is generally what a resort is - a destination location. The property is very nice located around a marina with a huge pool area and plenty of open spaces for lounging. The hotel staff is excellent and went out of its way to make my trip memorable. The room I was given faced the pool and the marina with a fabulous balcony that had chairs and a chaise where you can relax without even leaving the room. The hotel is across the road from the beach with a walkway from the hotel to the beach. There are also trails to bike ride or run that are miles long. There are options at the property to rent boats, and other related water sports equipment. Unfortunately, I did not visit the spa so I cannot comment. I had breakfast in the restaurant every morning and found the food excellent. Although there are comments about the cost - I found it average for a hotel restaurant - and maybe even less than some of the places I travel for business. I do think the market where they serve fast food is overpriced and that is the one thing that they could improve. Overall, this is a great place for a nice relaxing vacation with everything you need right at the property. You always have the option of driving to Coronado if you want to venture beyond. I plan to return on my next trip to visit my friend.

Room Tip: I suggest a room facing the pool and marina.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends