Hotel del Coronado(Coronado)
$439
$429
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$299
$254
Official Hotel
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$300
$267
$224
Hotels.com
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
Coronado Inn(Coronado)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
4,984 results
All reviewsmarket cafemistral restaurantsan diegosilver strand beachping pongshuttle servicefree shuttlegolf cartconcierge deskpool area isan adultrental carself parkingper daybusiness conferenceboogie boardsfamily vacation
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just returned from our stay, didn't want to leave! The grounds and area are beautiful. We love the fact that is it located off the beaten path and secluded on its own pennisula. We had a car so the 10 min. drive to San Diego was not a problem. The parking is a bit pricey, $25 self/$30 valet, but honeslty, even though we didn't like it, it's common for the San Diego/Coronado area resorts to charge for parking. Although, they should think about charging less. We asked for a room on the top floor and got a corner room on the top floor with a great view and a larger balcony with lounge chairs. The market cafe restaurant had good food and great service. The 3 pools were warm and clean, and the adult only pool was a plus! The pool area was crowded but the pool staff was very attentive and made sure to carry a chair from another location just so we could be next to each other. We really enjoyed the pool area, especially on Sat., there was a DJ playing tunes for all different ages and fresh tacos being grilled poolside. We took the shuttle over to the beach across the street and they had a table setup to provide beach chairs and boogie boards to all hotel guests. The valet, bell desk, front desk, shuttle, and pool staff were super friendly and helpful! We had a great time and are already planning our next visit, can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When staying at this hotel be sure to ask daily for towels, soaps and mini bar to be restocked. I was told what you see is all you get when you check in unless you ask for special supplies. Although they did bring in two towels for the last night. Wet towels for the next morning. When asked about policy staff was surprized I didn't know to ask. Not my first stay at this resort and was surprized at change in room service quality. Would still recommend hotel but will ask for room to be stocked daily.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a delightful visit to Loews Coronado. Every person we encountered made our visit most enjoyable.

The remodel project of the hotel was excellent. The furnishings and decor are tropical, high quality and well designed. Did I mention everything was very comfortable.

The restaurants and lounges were equally delightful. The food was wonderful.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have views. We had an ocean front view on the 2nd level. All rooms had beautiful bathrooms (very big), modern and contemporary.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was here for a conference in the late spring, and I had mostly a wonderful experience with the hotel. The hotel grounds are extensive and beautifully laid out. They have a ton of amenities and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Part of the issue for me was that the resort is so large, it takes forever to get from place to place, which I personally find annoying -- during a conference I might only have a few minutes to run back to my room for something. I could ask for a room closer to the lobby, though, so that's not a deal-breaker.

The rooms are nice and well-decorated, but I was frustrated by a few things. First of all, they had a beautiful reading chair, but no reading light anywhere near by. I was only in the room in the evening and early morning (who spends all day in a hotel room, anyway?), so the chair was useless for reading.

The bathroom was large, with a separate bath and shower. But if I didn't remember to take a towel with me and put it on the floor outside the shower stall, I had to walk soaking wet about 10 feet across the tile floor to where they store the towels under the sink. I mean seriously -- didn't anyone think it might be nice to have a towel rack with towels on it near the shower and bath?

Apart from those relatively minor issues, it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Get one close to the lobby unless you don't mind walking a long way to get anywhere
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Martha D
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place is great. It is far from all the main shopping and restaurants on the island but not by much. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The food is a little pricey but it's a resort so that's always a given. The breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious and lots of fun to try all the different options. The fitness center is more than most hotels and was a big plus to staying here. We stayed here for a wedding but it ended up being a little resort getaway due to great nature of this hotel. Overall, our room was HUGE!! Definite plus!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends