“Great experience!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

What a view outside! Calm, peaceful surroundings. Everything I needed right there on site. Although they were remodeling the lobby. It was covered up and not the least bit noisy or dirty. Very classy place . The restaurants lacked a little. The food was a little bland, needed a bit more for the price I paid. But the spa and pools make up for a lot. And a shuttle that takes you into town.

Room Tip: Get a top floor. It's worth it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We paid a premium for a two-room suite with a view of the San Diego city skyline from our room. We never indicated that we were physically challenged thus we received a room that was made for someone with a physical disability. We did not get to experience the amenities that a Loew's hotel suite really would have given us due to the room design and fixtures. To see the city skyline view, you really have to streatch your head to the left a bit!

No bathtub, handlebars everywhere and uneven floors that seemed like concrete ramps under the carpet. Also found it interesting that the breakfast menu that you hang on the door had higher prices than for the same items in the room service menu located in the room.

The pool area was great! Parking was a bit high for the location. The staff were great and greated you by name. Not a really bad experience, we just expected a bit more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Charles S
WA State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Loew's properties can be stunning and they can be disappointing. Chalk this one up to the disappointing category. I was there while construction was going on in the lobby, so perhaps things will improve.

Location: Drive to the beautiful Hotel Del Coronado and then keep on a drivin' folks. The hotel is rather remote versus the rest of the island, which itself is a picturesque short hop over the beautiful Coronado Bridge from San Diego.

Layout: A series of buildings whose arrangement make me thinks that this was once a 'motel'. The room I had (standard, king) also reminded me that this might have been a higher end motel, as the bathroom was certainly average in size and seemed dated.

Other issues: I only had banquet service food, so no comment there. But, if you need to use Wifi, go someplace else. The hotel's wifi service was a joke - refused to allow me to sign in - and required several calls to their 'so-called' Star Service line (only a dozen ring dingies before an answer) and then the outside wifi support line. Finally, the outside support line gave up and said, just give me your computer's IP address and I will allow access. What a frustrating joke! (Oh, by the way, they tried to charge me for a long distance call to their outside wifi service...nice try, guys. But, I don't think the Loews family needs my money that badly.)

Overall experience: Straight down the middle average. Coronado Island is a great place to visit and stay. And this hotel does afford nice views from some of the rooms. However, unless you are OK with average, choose one of the other hotels on the island.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
11 Thank ActiveTraveler1
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our visit to the Loews Coronado Bay but the customer service was still great. The woman that booked our reservation took a great deal of time walking through various options and was very helpful. When we had to cancel at the last minute due to circumstances beyond our control the hotel immediately offered a full refund without penalty. If the employees at the resort are even half as friendly and helpful as the employees that I dealt with on the phone then you'll be in good hands.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here for two days and one night for a business conference. I found the overall experience outstanding in almost every respect. The views are phenomenal. Even with a partial water view, my room faced the Bay so that I had full view of the rising full moon over the water as well as the sunrise. Just gorgeous! The hotel was very responsive to creating a perfect experience for our company with snacks, drinks, and comfort. Our preordered lunch selections did not include a vegetarian choice, but the staff quickly whipped something up for me. Very much appreciated. The only problem I had was locating my room. The directions given by the front desk staff were not useful and I got lost which was very frustrating as I wandered outside on the road with my bags looking for my building. I later learned access is through the parking garages and an inner hallway. Once I got to my room, however, the sunken tub did wonders to ease my sore back! I am local the San Diego area and appreciated finding this jewel in my "backyard."

• Stayed February 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I had the opportunity to visit this incredible spot for the first time. Even in the off season you could feel just how special Coronado is and I will definitely return, The Loews resort was vrey good... spacious, clean, friendly staff. Maybe it was that I went to the Hotel Del Coronado for lunch with all its mystique that made me wish I had stayed there in the middle of the town and on the beach, rather than at Loew's which felt isolated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim K
Brea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Loved the resort. Every one of the staff was pleasant. From the door man to the one that was just walking down the wall. Every last person acknowledged us and wanted to make sure we were ok.
loved the location. we rented bikes and went the recommended route. It was absolutely beautiful.
Sure its isolated - but if thats not what you want.. stay in downtown.
Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caangelgurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
#1 of 24 in La Jolla
Hotel del Coronado
#8 of 16 in Coronado
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,967 reviews

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!