“Excellent hotel for our wedding guests to stay in!”
Review of La Avenida Inn

La Avenida Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very impressed with the staff and general manager of this hotel. Our guests loved this hotel. Had wonderful things to say. Had a very good experience with G.M. who helped me set up the hotel block. All the 29 rooms are in an “L” shape with a gated pool filling in the “square” of the property. It is on Orange Ave. The rooms are nice sized and super clean. They also have a 1 bedroom suite and a mini suite with a king bed and a pull out bed, microwave and frig. Free Wi-Fi, parking, coffee and pastries in the lobby. Similar walking distance to beach, Hotel Del Coronado and the wedding/reception as El Cordova. This hotel is right down the street from El Cordova.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Laavenida, General Manager at La Avenida Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

We appreciate your fantastic review and wonderful comments! We sincerely wish to thank you for choosing our lovely Inn to have your family and friends stay with us during the special event for your family.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in the suite this past weekend with our daughters. The room was nice and quiet ( you cannot hear anyone in the pool), the bed was amazingly comfortable ( slept like baby),& the free wifi was so good to have. This cute little motel was a quick walk from everything you might want to do on the island. The pool is very nice and the place over all was well kept and cute. Now for the cons. The Parking here was tight so be warned it may be an issue. The service was not bad but when I asked for a recommendation of a kid friendly resturant I was handed a map and given no help. The bathrooms need updating in style but they are clean and functional. I would stay here again but I would go for the bigger suite in hopes of a bigger bathroom..lol :)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Laavenida, General Manager at La Avenida Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to post your comments. I am sorry to hear that our front desk associates did not offer you the thorough assistance you needed in finding a restaurant that fit your family’s needs. We always try to provide the very best in customer service and to go above and beyond our valued guests expectations to assist in any manner we can. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Again thank you and we look forward to your stay the next time you are visiting the Coronado area.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our family has stayed at La Avenida dozens of times, as the location cannot be beat. The rooms are clean, a bit outdated, but comfortable beds and pillows. It is not your cheapest option when staying on Coronado (and far from the most expensive), but you pay for the location: a 5 minute walk and you are on the beach with the waves crashing at your feet. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hospitality was excellent!!!
Everyone was very nice and very helpfull!
Clean unbeatable location!
We would definatly come back to Coronado, beautiful island, and definatly stay at the Avenida Inn.
It was our last stop before going back to Phoenix and we could not have pick up a better place.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were very happy when we drove up to this cute inn on gorgeous Coronado Island. It reminded me of places I stayed with my parents when I was a girl. Not glamorous or ritzy, but clean, well-decorated, and very fresh. Lots of bright light and light colors, which I liked. Never having been to San Diego, I was relying heavily on Tripadvisor for hotel choices, and our previous 3 nights were at La Costa. Honestly, I actually slept better at La Avenida and enjoyed our stay just as much (in different ways). We're from San Francisco and have a 5-year-old, and we all slept together in the roomy king bed, cooled by the window AC (it was esp. warm in San Diego last week), and I never heard noises from other guests, ever. I did request a top-floor room based on those complaints, but again, our room was especially quiet, and as far as I could tell the place was full.

The staff was great and accommodating, easy going, and let us use their office printer and laptop to print out zoo tickets. They were also relaxed about having to charge the whole amount up front, letting us pay for the 1st night only (the way it used to be) until check-out. We spent a lot of time at the Del, enjoying the gorgeous old hotel and wonderful beach, and adored the walkable village atmosphere of Coronado. It felt safe, charming, and unpretentious. This hotel was as good a base as you could have for a short trip.

I do wish there had been a coffee-maker in the room (the lobby coffee was terrible and no fresh milk) but there was a Starbucks not too far so my husband would walk for coffee each morning. Still, why can't hotels make better coffee?! The pastries were so-so, but were nice for my kid while we got ready to head out to breakfast.

My daughter enjoyed the pool, and it is pretty nice and extremely clean. We were there during a heat wave, and that pool sure felt good in the evening after a long day on the old-town trolley tour and walking around the Midway--it was a bit cold, but the pool gets sun until really late, which was great.

We'll def. go back to Coronado, and I would stay here again, no problem. I might try the Cordova next door because it has kitchens, and we missed that, and a lovely Spanish courtyard, but the Avenida Inn suited us just fine.

Room Tip: We stayed in #204 upstairs, overlooking the pool--I would request that room again
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SFgal40
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This year for San Diego Comicon I was able to stay again at the La Avenida Inn. Let me first remind travelers why I like this location.

The La Avenida Inn is affordable for its location. It is 200 feet from Hotel Del Coronado and the beach which is amazing when you consider the price. It has its own pool (no need as the beach is only a hop, skip and a jump away). The rooms are clean and simple but do the job. The public transit stops again only 150 feet away from the Inn so finding your way around Coronado or to San Diego is very simple. **If you choose to use the bus do buy a saver pass which the city offers. They are much more affordable than paying one way each day.**

TIP!** I was educated by the staff of La Avenida Inn that they have two over sized parking spaces. These can be very useful for any traveler with a tow or large vehicle. Note: These can not be reserved so ask the staff often if and how to find a way to secure them.

This year the staff

Room Tip: TIP!** I was educated by the staff of La Avenida Inn that they have two over sized parking spaces. T...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank dmortuus
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A solid option for a wallet-friendly visit. If you are looking for a top resort, then this is not for you. If you like being in Coronado simply to enjoy the beach and island living and desire to stretch your vacation dollar...it's a good choice. note: rooms with two beds tend to be a bit tight in space, bathrooms would benefit from an update but the new(er) updates in the rooms are positive. Staff are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank veritasboston
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are so pleased and we have posted a copy for our staff. We are delighted you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!