Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,164 results
All reviews mansion rooms across the street continental breakfast music room sunset room ginger snaps old mansion hotel del coronado main mansion the penthouse yogurt cookies and milk hard boiled eggs within walking distance coronado island san diego one bedroom suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I traveled here for her birthday, and left the kids at home. We stayed in the sunset room in the mansion and would highly recommend it. The room is on the smaller side but more than adequate for those who don’t need a lot of space, and plan to be outdoors more often than not. The balcony is a lovely touch and gives you the chance to take in the bay view and sunrise in the comfort of your PJs. The bathroom is clean and the shower is addicting, in the sense that it’s part shower part massage. The pool and hot tub were relaxing and enjoyable, and the morning breakfast and coffee was always delicious and timely. Other than the property itself, the location is ideal. The grounds are within walking distance from the beach, dinning options, running/biking trails, and the Hotel Del Coronado. The staff were more than accommodating which makes a trip so much better. Thank you Raj and company for making our time great.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bryans373
happytravel1630, General Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bryans373,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. Very true the Sunset room is one of the smallest rooms on the property, but very adequate for the guests needs. Thank you for mentioning Raj, I will make sure to show him your review.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Our entire family,14 in total, celebrates Christmas together at some resort in the U.S. every other year. This is the first time we have done so at the same resort, staying at Glorietta Bay in 2015 and now in 2019. Both times we reserved the superb Penthouse suite and 7 other mansion rooms. We love the ambiance and history of the entire
Mansion, The individual rooms are room, well kept most with openers and views . The amenities are all first class and enumerous. The included breakfast buffet in the morning has everything - a delight which starts everyday. We have stayed at many a Bed and Breakfast Inn = this ones the best! Parking is a really BIG deal in Coronado and GB has plenty, but also most everything, shopping, dining, the beach is within walking distance. Our family clamored to return and who knows we may do it again!

Room tip: Any of the Mansion suites!!!
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ARCHR32020,,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We enjoyed having the familly with us and thrilled that you all found everything so easy to get to. The Penthouse is certainly the top of the house and you had the best view ever.

Thank you again for choosing to come back and stay with us this year, we hope to see you in future years to come.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn for only one night, as a post-cruise way to extend the holidays. Across the street from its more glamorous neighbor the Del, the Glorietta Bay Inn was a perfect choice for us, as it would be for many people. The Inn has a unique layout of rooms--almost like places in Hawaii with breezeways and pathways. I stayed in one room with my spouse and my sister was in another. Both rooms were upstairs, which was also a bit unexpected as you walk up carpeted stairs. The rooms are similar to a house with upper and lower apartments. The bed was superb and so comfortable. Great pillows too! They gave us a large room with a kitchenette which would be perfect for families. The stairs have a retractable screen to keep the little ones (or those waking up in the dark) from tumbling down the stairs. There is a charming and inviting lounge in which to enjoy a self-catered breakfast, too. It is also in a part of Coronado that overflows with good restaurants and nice shops.

About the service--simply outstanding. Raj checked us in while a colleague helped another guest. Both of them were solicitous and their care was beyond gracious. Everyone greets the guests and offers assistance at any time. The standout for me was Victor. I left my watch on the nightstand while I rushed to get our ride to the airport. It a gift of great sentimental value and I was devastated when I realized--at the airport--that I left it behind. I frantically called and Victor took the information. He checked the room and with housekeeping but it did not turn up. Five minutes later he called--someone from the hotel was in the process of returning it to the Front Desk. They had it shipped overnight to my home and I'm wearing it now. Hotels probably deal with this many times, but Victor helped me so much by doing everything he could to reunite me with this special item. So, not only is it a roomy, pleasant, comfortable, charming, and cozy hotel with beautifully kept rooms and lovely grounds, they truly understand how to help their guests. Thanks Glorietta Bay Inn! I hope to return soon.

Room tip: Rooms are large and have various facilities (kitchenette, 2nd bath, etc.). Bedrooms facing north can be chilly.
Date of stay: January 2020

HI Joseph L.

What a great review! Thank so much, we are thrilled that our team assisted you during your stay, they are a great team and we are lucky to be working along side of them. I will make sure to share this review wtih them.

We truly appreciate your time with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We loved the proximity to the beach and the many shops and restaurants lining Orange. It’s a family oriented area and highly walkable. Teens can make their way alone for shopping, ice cream or walks. It seemed very safe. Breakfast had more options than we expected; I liked the mango and granola while the family liked the bagels, nonstop coffee, hard boiled eggs and of course the friendly staff. Or take a trip to old San Diego for history, mementos and great Mexican. splendid relaxing family getaway!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I'm happy to hear that you and your family found it so easy to walk around. We look forward to welcomig you back in the future!

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights at a friend’s suggestion , and was very disappointed .
I called the inn directly to make my reservation , requesting a QUIET “ mansion “ suite. The accommodation bore little resemblance to the website images and description.The room was small and poorly laid out. Bathroom needed an upgrade for leaky plumbing and worn tile , tiny bathtub.
There was very noisy construction in the street going on at all hours that made for a poor night’s sleep and inability to enjoy my outdoor patio, which faced a parking lot ( not a nice view) .

Trip type: Traveled with family
happytravel1630, General Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Coralreefgirl,

Thank you for your recent review. We are so sorry to hear you that your stay was less than enjoyable. We strive to make every guest experience a memorable one, and unfortunately fell short of that. While its a rarity we have constrution on the street, I was sorry to hear city project got in the way of you able to enjoy a quiet balcony and your ability to sleep.

We strive to make sure every guests is happy with their stay. We'd love to welcome you back given the opportunity. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I'd be happy to go over different dates with you.

Look forward to possibly speaking with you.

Claudia Ludlow