“Great location, good with kids”
Review of Glorietta Bay Inn

Glorietta Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I just wanted to say thank you to the Glorietta Inn. While staying there, our son got sick at night and they were so understanding about helping us out. It took that weight off our shoulders and allowed us to focus on him and enjoying the trip. The people at the front desk were great the entire stay.

The room we stayed in was the 1br suite and was HUGE. Plenty of room for two adults and two kids. If you bring an aerobed, there's more than enough room to put it on the floor so two kids don't have to share the sofa bed (you could fit two aero beds on the floor). The breakfast was sufficient, typical continental, and the coffee was stellar -- Cafe Moto which I happen to buy at Whole Foods!

Beds were comfortable, everything was clean. The walls were a little thin…could hear the people above us at times. Some things could use an update (kitchen was dark and dreary) but overall a pleasant experience.

I would recommend it to a family. If I was staying just with my husband, I'd probably go to 1901 Lodge again…so perfect, clean, quiet and romantic. But with the kids? Here for sure. Thank you Glorietta Inn!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn for 3 nights while attending a conference at the Del. Service was fantastic. My room was very comfortable and clean, and the location was wonderful. Claudia, Kelsey, and Jason were incredibly nice and very helpful! I'll definitely be back! Thanks!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful location. Fabulous customer service. I was not in the main house but it was no hassle, classy and quaint. The inn is close to the road so you do hear traffic but it was not disruptive. The beds have tons of pillows and were dreamy.
I hope to come back.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank LUKARY
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here with my husband and teenager daughter for 4 nights in the lead up to Xmas Day.The main Hotel is beautiful and desk staff very helpful. We had room 219 adjacent to the main building which was well maintained and beds extremely comfortable. The bathroom was the let down. Huge but with only shower over bath and toilet in it. Didn't fit in with the main bedroom that's for sure. Breakfast was simple but plenty and it was lovely to eat out on the porch with the morning sun warming your face. I could have sat there for hrs. The Hotel is in a great position to the local restaurants and shops and just across the road from the beach. Glorious stay here.Thankyou Glorietta Bay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mintym00
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I visited the Glorietta Bay Hotel in early December. This lovely hotel was decked out for Christmas and really put us in the holiday mood. Most impressive about our stay were both the staff and beautifully appointed room. We stayed in the library room, which is located on the first floor just aside from the grand staircase. Visitors in the main inn are treated to nightly turndown service complete with chilled milk and cookies. In addition, there is the option to have breakfast brought to the room at no extra cost. A buffet breakfast is included for all guests with seating at tables in the living room and outdoors on the porch.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. This included the front desk as well as the breakfast staff and housekeeping. A nice touch is the availability of free hotel postcards, which the front desk will happily stamp and send for you.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. It included a nice sized refrigerator, terry cloth robes and thick towels. The one comment that I have is the lack of a convenient outlet in the bathroom. Also the outlets in the room were at the baseboard making it difficult to plug in phones and computers. Other hotels that we have stayed in recently now have outlets on the night stands as part of the lamp base.

In all, I would highly recommend The Glorietta Bay. It is conveniently located to the shops and beach. The Hotel Del Coronado is directly across the street. The location and cozy atmosphere of the Glorietta Bay made it a perfect choice for us.

Room Tip: There have been some comments that the library room is loud in the morning when the staff is prepari...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nativejerseygirl
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at the "Glorietta Bay Inn" so we could enjoy The American Christmas at the Del and not have a late night drive home.
The inn is beautiful, especially decorated for Christmas.
The location across the street from the bay is perfect for walking into town, walking on the beach, and touring the Del.
Staff was great, very friendly and helpful as we checked in.
Breakfast was a hearty continental in a beautiful setting.
Only issue I had was parking, the hotel charges $10.00 for parking in what is a basic parking lot of any type of chain motel.

Room Tip: We had one of the newer rooms with a balcony which had a view of the bay. Only issue we had was mor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the time I made my reservations over the phone, to when I checked in, the front desk staff were very pleasant. It was clear that their goal is to make their guests feel very welcomed, and they actually paid attention to the detail I provided as to what we were celebrating (our wedding anniversary)! They left us a nice card in our room along with a bottle of wine & glasses, which was part of the package we reserved. They even gave us a $10 coupon to use at the restaurant where we were going to have our celebration dinner. The daily extended breakfast was very nice, and the afternoon cookies & lemonade were yummy! The location is great, as we were able to walk to shops & restaurants. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a partial bay view which was nice, but next time I will request the rooms on the front side o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GloriettaBay, Public Relations Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the writing about your stay. We're more than happy that we could help make your wedding anniversary a memorable one! Our staff strives to make each stay with us memorable and a delight. We hope to see you again for many more anniversaries! Thank you, Kelsey McCabe