“I appreciated the attempt” 3 of 5 stars

Coronado Island Inn
Coronado Island Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
San Fernando, California
“I appreciated the attempt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The outside of this hotel is pretty shabby, parking and traffic are a nightmare, and you have to go across the street to register and checkout, but I must say that I appreciated the attempt to make the inside of the room as clean, cozy and comfortable as a small, "inexpensive" hotel could be. It's in a great location and priced below most other property on Coronado Island. We only saw one employee, and that was the person at the registration desk across the street. We did not find the complimentary breakfast, and were not directed to it by staff. I would only stay again if I had to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LindaCampanella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Coronado Island Inn is centrally located and a wonderful value for the area. The room was very clean with crisp cotton sheets and a comfortable bed. It's a quick drive from the beach or the city, easy to find and with pleasant, helpful staff. A basic continental breakfast, central location and moderate price it is fine for a night or two.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TwoTravelers21
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A simple nice hotel for the money. Nothing fancy, but it will do considering the price and location. I would stay there again. A little street noise, but not nearly as bad as I expected from its location right by the street. Great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Brad_D_H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend, along with another couple we are friends with, and I have nothing but good things to say about the place! The customer service was wonderful and the manager was awesome! Really an excellent value for such a great location!! We will definitely be back and are looking forward to our next getaway to Coronado Island!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AcChAc
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for work travel. I was in the "annex" across the intersection. Traffic noise wasn't as bad as I expected, but the bed was TERRIBLE. The entire room is run down looking, it has a window A/C unit stuck in the wall, and the bathroom vent fan is connected to the light so fan runs the entire time the light is on - very noisy! I left after one night for a room at the Marriot that was ONLY $4 more for a government rate and obviously was about 1000 times nicer... I had no issues with wifi or the water buy my coworker 3 doors down couldn't connect to wifi and had to take a cold shower!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank AEBoyd

Travelers are raving about these Coronado hotels

Planet Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Comicon - other reviews are actuate as to bad wifi (apple devices would not connect) sulfur smell coming from water - ran sinks and toilets and it largely went away. I never received an email confirmation on my room had to call and confirm it went through. Room description said there was fridge and microwave but only had fridge, room was quiet enough being on one of the busiest intersections on Coronado. Room was size of postage stamp. Two beds, fridge, tv, night stand bathroom. Outside security lights shine into room windows at night. Shades would not block it. I finally went out and unscrewed the bulb for the night. I was good a put it back in the am. We arrived and an HBO guide was on our bed. HBO was no where to be found on the TV. Called desk to ask what channel it was and they did not know but promised to call back. Never heard from them again. Location was walking distance to Ferry landing and a few shops and restaurants. The place has room for improvement for sure and I had low expectations going in so it did not shock me badly. I would only stay here if I needed a basic bed for the night and nothing else.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank voyagerhombre
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

At $99 per night, I won't tell you that the Coronado Island Inn was overpriced. Apparently, it was not for Coronado Island. I will tell you to set your expectations to the fact that this is among the lowest priced hotels on the Island.

While not all rooms are identical, I had a small refrigerator in mine, which was nice. The TV also had a lot of channels for a hotel TV. The staff was very friendly. If you don't mind walking across the busiest road in Coronado, they have a descent pool at their more upscale, connected Coronado Inn. Breakfast was okay...it did include nice fresh fruit. Parking is free, and the parking lot was really nice and easy-to-access from the rooms.

But, after that, the hotel quality begins to really drop. First, the Internet: it barely worked. If this matters you, stay elsewhere. My room (104) smelled very stale, not quite of sewer, but the smell did emanate from the bathroom. The fan in the bathroom was so loud, I didn't turn it on, and did all my bathroom stuff in the dark. The ceilings are thin, so if you get someone above you who is loud, you will hear them. The bed wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. Otherwise, it was a very basic room, that suited me fine as I spent very little time in it.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room.