“high price poor service and terrible food”
Review of Sheerwater

Sheerwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheerwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Experience the warm ocean breeze and iconic California sunsets at our DELightful beachfront Coronado restaurant, Sheerwater. Enjoy fresh local seafood, savory smoked meats complete with housemade barbecue sauces and slaws, sandwiches and salads, plus an expansive breakfast buffet and a special kids menu. Serving breakfast, lunch, cocktails, light fare and dinner daily.
California, Maryland
“high price poor service and terrible food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were seated and within 5 minutes the waitress greeted us and told us the water would be here soon. My first impression was this is going to be good since last night we went to another restaurant for dinner, 20 minutes later after seating before any one greet us or served us water. We ordered simple meals, my was Cesar salad with chicken and a sandwich for my wife. I also asked for a cup of coffee. 15 minutes past by but no coffee; I saw our waitress and reminded her of my coffee. She said; "Oh yes, it is coming." I waited for another 10 minutes and saw my waitress served drinks at other table and ran back and forth to the kitchen but no coffee. I saw a gentleman escorted guests to the table so I asked him to please remind my waitress of my coffee. Within 5 minutes a hostess brought over a jug of coffee and a cup. She offered to pour me a cup but I saw that the inside of the cup was dirty. I pointed out to her and she was apologetic about it and got me a new one. Finally our food arrived, my salad was so bad I could not even taste the dressing on my salad. The portion was quite large. My wife's sandwich was OK. Our waitress has never came back to check on us about the food nor offered to refill the water or coffee. Needless to say, we will never come back to this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank d2s1c2j
Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We appreciate your comments and apologize for the unacceptable and inconvenient service issues you encountered. We will share your review with the appropriate management so we may make the necessary improvements. Thank you for your valuable input.

Lubbock, Texas
“Melt in your mouth Seabass”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

After having a beautiful afternoon at the outside lounge at hotel Del, we asked our super nice server Samantha where to go for seafood. She did not steer us wrong. This meal was the best any of our group had since arriving San Diego Fri. The three of us shared lump crabmeat (not crab cake) for an app. Then we told server Mary that we wanted to share arugula and pear salad so she told us she'd bring us the full lunch portion. It was perfectly dressed. The pears were gently sautéed and candied pecans always add to a salad like this. Then our entrées were the sea bass and the salmon. I'm not exaggerating this sea bass melts in ur mouth. It's served over creamy delicious polenta and the salmon was moist and flavorful. The salmon skin was very crisp and served up side which was a nice presentation. Had a great bottle of Malbec, only $40, how affordable for a very nice restaurant. The bread basket had perfectly toasted ciabatta bread, very soft inside. At the end of the meal I ordered espresso and Mary went over to the hotel Starbucks for me, I think there machine was down or something. My point is HOW NICE!!!! Too bad cab driver back to ferry had to b a crazy polish want to argue jerk!!! Do not try to make lite convo w/ this guy. Good ferry ride tho.

Visited April 2014
Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement. As we strive to provide legendary service, we appreciate your recognition of our great staff and will share your kind comments with Samantha and Mary. We look forward to your return.
Long Beach, California
“Breakfast is always treat”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Breakfast is buffet and the choice's are many.. It's alway freash and tasty.They also have special that are offered such as shrimp specials well worth the price

Visited April 2014
“Lovely lunch!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A friend recommended going here. We had a lovely drink with lunch. They were having specials for their 125th anniversary. I picked their signature appetizer (baked goat cheese,pesto, & red sauce with bread). OMG! It was so good. Hubby & I ordered sandwiches. Could have shared, especially after the appetizer. Our waitress was kind and most attentive. It was a very pleasant experience.

• Visited April 2014
“Not at all good!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had just arrived and ordered a brisket sandwich and a salad. The salad was terrible and the stale popcorn that was on top really made a very poor first impression. The brisket was dry and covered with a BBQ sauce to hide the meat flavor. We complained and were not charged for the food but our first impression resulted in our looking for other establishments to spend our money on for food during the next four days. Arriving after a 15 day cruise we realized that the chefs serving some 2,000 people three times a day aboard the ship are far better than whoever seems to think they are professional chefs. You need to review and maybe retain your cooks.

• Visited April 2014
Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We appreciate your comments and apologize that aspects of your meal did not meet your expectations. We will share your review with our culinary team so we may make the necessary improvements. Thank you for your valuable input and we hope you return so we may restore your affinity for The Del.