“Good food”
Review of Sheerwater

Sheerwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheerwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Experience the warm ocean breeze and iconic California sunsets at our DELightful beachfront Coronado restaurant, Sheerwater. Enjoy fresh local seafood, savory smoked meats complete with housemade barbecue sauces and slaws, sandwiches and salads, plus an expansive breakfast buffet and a special kids menu. Serving breakfast, lunch, cocktails, light fare and dinner daily.
Mission Viejo, California
“Good food”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The food is good, but not the best. I will try something else, next time I dine at the del.

• Visited September 2011
BBrown3275, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We appreciate your valuable input and hope you will return again to enjoy one of our other picturesque dining venues.

Indianapolis
“Snooty hostesses”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Food is pretty darn good, but I was unhappy with the gals that seat you. I had asked for a table in a certain section of the restaurant, and she said there were no tables. I understand there are many servers and they try to evenly distribute customers generally speaking, but when I ask for a table, in a section where there are SEVEN empty tables, I'd expect to get one of them. So, instead of making a big deal, I sat where they TOLD me to sit. Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy. I'm from Indiana, not NYC, so I guess I just wasn't ready for that attitude. That said, the food was yummy and the drink lady was pretty nice in an average expectation sort of way.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank traveller4444
BBrown3275, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. We understand your frustrations and extend our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service issues your encountered. To that end, we will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate managers in an effort to improve in these areas. Thank you again.
Newport Beach, California
“One of my Happy places.”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I just love sitting out on the veranda at the Sheerwater. The view and the ocean air make it perfect. The food is very good and the service is pleasant.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank DeluxeTraveler
BBrown3275, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and beautiful beachfront location. We hope you return to your happy place soon!
Coronado, California
“Great location...”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a good alternative to the Sunday Brunch at the Crown room. The prices are more reasonable and the food is very good. The selection is not near that of the Crown room but we don't always want to eat that much. Nice atmosphere.

1 Thank nadomom2
BBrown3275, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Havre de Grace, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food with a view!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We ate breakfast and dinner here. The food was very good, the view wa excellent, the service was mediocre. The only option for breakfast was the buffet. While I am not a buffet person, there were great selections and an omelet station.

• Visited February 2012
BBrown3275, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Sheerwater and its beautiful beachfront location. We hope you will return soon.

Been to Sheerwater? Share your experiences!