“French style café that doesn't dissapoint.”
Review of Tartine

Tartine
Ranked #3 of 8 Dessert in Coronado
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

French style cafe, had The ham and brie tartine and tomato soup. Aldo ordered quiche which was also Good. Even the coffee was Good. Dessert was also excellent and had a difficult time deciding which one to taste. Casual ambience with consistently Good food.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

No matter what you order, the food will be well-executed. Save room for dessert. And eat the bread - the calories are worth it, altho it is not made in house.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been there before for coffee and dessert which was fine. Recently I went there for lunch with out of town friends. Service was very slow, they never asked how the food was or came to refill our ice tea. I had to ask for the bread that came with my salad three times before it finally came. A greek salad cost $10 and it was like a side salad very small with hardly anything in it just a few greens, olives and a couple of slices of tomatoes. The sandwiches that my friends had were ok and their salads that came with the sandwiches were pretty much the size of mine. Don't get a salad.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

By tasting the offerings, you'll find that the quality of ingredients used in products is really lacking, and you can't fool people too long with covering up a light-flavored stale-tasting cake with a bunch of ganache and flowers. Way over-priced for what you're being served.

2  Thank BillHCoronado_CA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Unfortunately, my first review stands. If I were to rate them on coffee and their desserts alone, easily five stars. However when I factor in the rude service it can only average out to middle.

I stood at the front counter on a not so busy night, watching employees walk right by me, no eye contact, not even stopping to say someone would be with me. My oldest child was with me and anxiously waiting to pick out the treat. If her heart had not been so set on that cookie, I would not have waited for 5 minutes!

And when I finally did get service, it was a rude frumpy women in her mid 50's who was obviously have a bad day and intent and letting her negative energy rub off on me.

Will Never Be Back! Plus, they are overpriced!