“Nothing Extraordinary yet the Pricing!”
Review of Tartine

Tartine
Ranked #3 of 8 Dessert in Coronado
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 7, 2012

By tasting the offerings, you'll find that the quality of ingredients used in products is really lacking, and you can't fool people too long with covering up a light-flavored stale-tasting cake with a bunch of ganache and flowers. Way over-priced for what you're being served.

2  Thank BillHCoronado_CA

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Unfortunately, my first review stands. If I were to rate them on coffee and their desserts alone, easily five stars. However when I factor in the rude service it can only average out to middle.

I stood at the front counter on a not so busy night, watching employees walk right by me, no eye contact, not even stopping to say someone would be with me. My oldest child was with me and anxiously waiting to pick out the treat. If her heart had not been so set on that cookie, I would not have waited for 5 minutes!

And when I finally did get service, it was a rude frumpy women in her mid 50's who was obviously have a bad day and intent and letting her negative energy rub off on me.

Will Never Be Back! Plus, they are overpriced!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We found this restaurant after taking the San Diego to Coronado ferry. We walked past the restaurants at the ferry landing looking for something a little different. Using the Trip Advisor San Diego city guide app Tartine looked like the most interesting restaurant near the Coronado ferry landing. It’s about a ten minute walk from the landing.
We chose to sit on the street side patio. Service was efficient and friendly. We asked our server for a few suggestions. He recommended the Fisherman’s Stew. I’m happy to say it was the best food we had during our weeks stay in the San Diego area. The stew was full of fresh seafood and sausage. It was served with toasted crusty bread, perfect for getting the last drop of the delicious broth. The stew was on the specials menu so you may want to call ahead to make sure it’s available.
The ferry is one of the best deals in San Diego round trip was only $8.50 per person. The views of San Diego from the boat near sunset are fantastic.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had the turkey panini w/ artichoke hearts & gruyere. The turkey was a little dry & the sandwich in general was dry as there was no mayo or other condiment on it. Artichoke hearts are flavor killers, so you have to use them carefully. This sandwich would have been better if it had cranberry sauce or pesto or something to add some flavor. Service was OK, but nothing special-- as I often find as a solo diner, servers seem to ignore you. Well, they apparently don't realize that their tips shrink accordingly. Nice patio for the dogs, though.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stopped by for breakfast. The pastries were superb as was the quiche I ordered for breakfast. The atmosphere is casual with both indoor and outdoor seating and the service was very good and our server was very friendly. The have a superb lunch menu and also serve dinner. It is a bit off the main drag (Orange Avneue) but well worth it.