“Perfect”
Review of Peohe's

Peohe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Peohe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Transit: Bus stop Orange Ave
Hemet
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We ate here for lunch on Thanksgiving. I made reservations a week in advance and was assured I could order off the lunch menu which went until 2:30. We arrived at 2:00 and were handed a Thanksgiving menu and Dinner menu. I asked the waiter about it and he said these were the special menus forThanksgiving. I told him we were told there would be a lunch menu. He got the manager and she came and tried to tell us they don't have lunch menus on Thanksgiving. I explained that I had called and told her who I spoke with. She was very nice and told me what items could be made up as lunch items. Once we got the mix up straightened out, we enjoyed a delicious lunch. I had the salmon which was some of the best I've ever tried. My husband was happy with his talapia and my son enjoyed the seafood salad. The rolls were wonderful as well. We dined outside and the view and weather were perfect. Because of the kindness of the waiter Chris and the manager Marla we would go back.

• Korean first
Bothell, Washington
“On The Water, Pricy, but Excellent”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We ate here for seafood after being too tired to go back to downtown. The food was wonderful, the view spectacular, but the prices were high. I actually ended up having the coconut shrip that was listed on the appetizer menu as my main entree with the Peohe's Salad. There is a coupon on the Coronado Island Map for a free dessert and I belive we have the chocolate mouse cheesecake thing. It was so delish.

Bears78
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We were pretending we were still in Maui.”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We had a lovely evening at Peohes during Restaurant Week celebrating our anniversary. Our food was very good and we enjoyed the beautiful view of downtown San Diego overlooking San Diego Bay. Our waiter didn't have a great personality, but he definitely got the job done. He even overhead our conversation about it getting a little cool and turned on the heater without even asking. It was a lovely evening and a great value.

Chicago, Illinois
“On the water, expensive, but perfectly adequate”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Went there on the advise on the hotel the first night in town. Hotel said it was cheap Asian... wrong. It was casual fine dining with some asian inspired items, to me this was on the water upscale casual.

Food quality was very good, we ordered the oyster appetizers which were excellent , I just had soup and salad which were excellent and my daughter is still talking about the macaroni and cheese on the kids menu. My husband thought the steak was just OK. Still without the wine bill, we spent $150.00 for three adults and a kids menu item.

Wine list was what some call "assessible", I call designed for the tourist from Peoria who orders one bottle of wine a year and wants it to be a lable they recognize from the supermarket. Yes, there were 50 different wines, but Hogue and YellowTaii do not cut it for me especially with a 3x markup from average retail.

Jackson, WY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I started going to Peohe's over 25 years ago. At that time you needed to call way in advance for a reservation. In the past few years I have gone back and have left every time saying, "never again." Not only was the food not very good but the service was horrible. At this time, I will NOT go back.
I can only say, good luck to anyone who goes. Perhaps your experience will be better than mine.

1 Thank jacksonholegal