“Great little restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is an inviting little restaurant on the corner across from the Hotel Del Coronado. The menu is varied, and prices are reasonable, particularly for Coronado. We had no wait, and sat on the street patio. The food was very good, and I would definitely go back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sharon D

Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Yummy food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Small restaurant with reasonably priced meals. Meatball sub is delicious, and big enough to split. The pasta salad is fabulous. Great little place to sit outside and watch the world go by.

Visited May 2012
Ontario
“There are better options”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

location and a nice patio attracted us to Island Pasta but we left feeling that we would have fared at another Italian Restaurant. pasta dishes were average and came with a couple slices of bread. A small basket of hot fresh rolls or sliced fresh bread would have been a welcomed improvement. If you are a coffee lover you will be disappointed. Coffee that has been sitting and without any cream! Only milk was available. It's the little things sometimes that can make or break a dining experience. Overall average at best. Server was working hard to keep up with all of her tables. She didn't charge for the coffee which was nice. This place has potential but there are better Italian places to eat at in Coronado.

• Visited August 2012
Islandpastacoronado, Owner at Island Pasta Coronado, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for stopping by Island Pasta. I am sorry your experience was't more positive. My name is Brant and I own and operate both Island Pasta and Costa Azul both here in Coronado. It is the little things that do matter and I have spoken with my staff about your comments. All of our bread comes from a very reputable local backery and I would love to have more space to be able to serve it warm. I am a local Coronadoan and have been at Island Pasta for 20 years . Thanks again
Brant
San Francisco
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We came here for a late lunch (party of 10), and the place was not crowded, but enough people were there that we thought it would be worth trying. The menu has a good variety of pizzas and pastas, and you can mix and match the pastas with the sauces. While the food was fine, the wait for the food was interminable. Seriously, it took at least half an hour before we even saw one item of food, and that was because we asked when we might eat. They did comp us a garlic bread, but they brought that with all the other food! The servers seemed inexperienced, and the kitchen was definitely slow (the servers said the pizzas were backing up the order, but it's a pizza restaurant).

Visited August 2012
Islandpastacoronado, Owner at Island Pasta Coronado, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hi my name is Brant and I am the owner - mgr of both Island Pasta & Costa Azul. Thank you for taking the time to send your opinions on your experience at Island Pasta . First of all I would like to personally say I am sorry about your wait time on your food . It certainly can get a bit backed up in this very small kitchen but by know means to this extreme. I have spoke with both the staff in the kitchen and the servers and let them read this and they also are sorry. I am a mom and pop shop at both places so your business is truly important to me . I am fortunate to have a great local crowd showing what a nice restaurant we have. I am a sole owner of both these places and run on a very tight profit margin and really do need and appreciate your business. I sure hope you will stop by again and enjoy our great food.
Brant Sarber
MN
“Excellent food, good service, good prices”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ate here for supper after going to the beach. Food was very good and not overpriced. Portions were generous. Cheesy garlic bread was wonderful. My kids enjoyed the food as well. Our waiter was very nice and was quick with refills.

• Visited August 2012
Islandpastacoronado, Owner at Island Pasta Coronado, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for stopping by Island Pasta. My name is Brant and I am the Owner -Mgr my sister in law Kathy is the daily mgr and a very dedicated worker. We are thrilled to hear about your experience and strive to make this everyones experience. Hopefully you can make Island Pasta one of your regular stops. Thanks again.
Brant Sarber