“Good food, worth the walk”
Review of Calypso Cafe

Calypso Cafe
Ranked #57 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Kansas
“Good food, worth the walk”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

While staying at the Loews hotel nearby, we decided to check out the nearby Calypso Cafe.. it was hard to tell on Google maps but it was VERY close, easily walkable (and a pleasant walk) and the cafe was great.. good food, reasonably priced, great view.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tess K

Burlington, Canada
“Cute little cafe”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Four of us came upon this little Cafe and we loved the experience. Out hostess was the owner and she was very helpful and attentive. She insisted we tried the fresh roast beef she hd just prepared and gave us a little sample while chatting with us. I had the best real turkey sandwich there!! My husband had the BLT and loved it. I especially loved that our host topped up our wines and did not really charge us the full cost of a second glass. Lovely lady and great food. Too bad we could not take a table outside on the water due to city alcohol rules but inside was fine too. Worth the stop. (I also loved that the bathroom key was on a big serving spoon)

Visited July 2014
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great friendly service and good price”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We decided to go to the Calypso Cafe for breakfast after finding it on Yelp. It's a very cute place and with a small, but good menu and the staff is extremely friendly.
We spent $35 with a 20% tip and all 3 of us had a great meal including the coffee! My son loved the chocolate chip pancakes too. I think it's an excellent value and I'm glad we decided to venture out of our hotel for breakfast. It was well worth it!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank makeupbyperalta
San Diego, CA
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I want this cafe to do well as it is so conveniently located close to my house. Unfortunately the quality of the food varies greatly from visit to visit. This last meal was so poor no one in my group could eat it. Please step up your game Calypso!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank desederata
Phoenix, AZ, USA
“Out of the way location; decent food; limited breakfast menu”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had breakfast here on a weekday and it wasn't very crowded. Surprised that you have to order at the register then take your seat outside. There aren't many choices for breakfast so I had a regular eggs, bacon and potatoes breakfast. Ordered my eggs over easy and when they were brought out by the server, one was broken. Not a huge deal. The potatoes were ok but I like a little bit of crunch or more cooked potatoes and they were not either. Coffee ok but not stellar. Convenient location if you are staying at the Loews Coronado and are out for a walk. On the plus side, their patio is dog-friendly.

• Visited July 2013