“Great friendly service and good price”
Review of Calypso Cafe

Calypso Cafe
Ranked #56 of 100 Restaurants in Coronado
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great friendly service and good price”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We decided to go to the Calypso Cafe for breakfast after finding it on Yelp. It's a very cute place and with a small, but good menu and the staff is extremely friendly.
We spent $35 with a 20% tip and all 3 of us had a great meal including the coffee! My son loved the chocolate chip pancakes too. I think it's an excellent value and I'm glad we decided to venture out of our hotel for breakfast. It was well worth it!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank makeupbyperalta

San Diego, CA
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I want this cafe to do well as it is so conveniently located close to my house. Unfortunately the quality of the food varies greatly from visit to visit. This last meal was so poor no one in my group could eat it. Please step up your game Calypso!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank desederata
Phoenix, AZ, USA
“Out of the way location; decent food; limited breakfast menu”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had breakfast here on a weekday and it wasn't very crowded. Surprised that you have to order at the register then take your seat outside. There aren't many choices for breakfast so I had a regular eggs, bacon and potatoes breakfast. Ordered my eggs over easy and when they were brought out by the server, one was broken. Not a huge deal. The potatoes were ok but I like a little bit of crunch or more cooked potatoes and they were not either. Coffee ok but not stellar. Convenient location if you are staying at the Loews Coronado and are out for a walk. On the plus side, their patio is dog-friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Park City
“Bike the Strand & Stop Here for Huevos Rancheros”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My family cycles often from Coronado to Imperial Beach on the beautiful bikeway. This cafe is in the Cays housing area & sits right on the bay so you can eat outside next to the water. It is very peaceful.

Their salads, sandwiches & breakfast items are all fresh & portions are large & good but last week I ordered their Huevos Rancheros for the first time & they were the best I have ever tasted. I had them with the red sauce & my husband ordered them with the more spicy green sauce. Both were delicious.

The prices are very reasonable. It's an informal place--you order up front & then they serve you. They are only open until 2pm but serve breakfast (& lunch) until close.

• Visited July 2013
Irvine
“Over priced for nothing”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

we paid $33 for 2 mixed drinks and a smoothie and the drinks were filled tot he top with ice and hardly and drink.

Visited June 2013