“not too shabby”
Review of Chez Loma

Chez Loma
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Loma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 99 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange
Description: Our new San Diego home is located in the Carez Hizar House (circa 1889), a Coronado historical landmark on Loma Avenue almost at the corner of Orange Avenue. We are within walking distance to beautiful downtown Coronado, the Hotel Del Coronado, and the beach. A French inspired bistro where people feel comfortable and enjoy fresh rustic fare at reasonable prices. Sourcing locally to achieve maximum freshness and offering our customers what they want instead of following culinary trends. If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“not too shabby”
Reviewed December 3, 2007

not too shabby

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Severna Park, Maryland
“Great Value”
Reviewed October 11, 2007

My husband and I decided to leave the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego and try Chez Loma on Coronado Island. This romantic French Bistro is located in an Historic building 2 blocks from the Hotel Del Coronado. We arrived before our reservation time and were greeted by the hostess and immediately taken to our table in the front interior of the restaurant. The room was very comfortable and cozy.
The wine list is quite extensive with many different wines by the glass and bottle. They even have a large list of wine flight available. My husband decided to get the ultimate white flight while I decided to get the ultimate red flight. All the wines were fantastic.
The menu caters to all. There is an early bird special dinner menu with a prix fixe of $24.95. Unfortunately we did not arrive in time but took advantage of the other 2 prix fixe menus. My husband took advantage of Prix Fixe I which was $38. He tried the Normandy onion soup which was creamed with cider, Salmon filet crusted with horseradish, and a cheese plate to finish his meal. I had Prix Fixe II for $45. I started with the rum cured house smoked salmon which was out of this world. For the main course I had the Filet with black truffle butter and I finished with the fallen chocolate souffle.
We thoroughly enjoyed all the things we tried that evening. The food was cooked and seasoned perfectly. We will definately return to Chez Loma.

2 Thank lowrider_67
Chattanooga
“Intimate Bistro”
Reviewed July 11, 2007

This is an excellent little French Bistro just around the corner from the Hotel Del Coronado, and well worth the walk.

Perfect for the romantic dinner for two by candlelight or nice family dinner. You can sit inside or on the enclosed patio and enjoy the ocean breeze.

We had the early bird 3 course dinner for $25 that had 3 choices for each course, and they were each hard to make. I opted for the french onion soup, which was creamed with cider and was the best I've ever had. The Boeuf Bourguignon was splendid and the creme carmel dessert was sublime.

They had an extensive wine list, with half price bottles each Wednesday. The service was very pleasant and professional.
I left happy and filled with the feeling that comes from a pleasant, delicious meal.

I'd heard that you need to get outside of the Hotel Del Coronado if you really want a cozy, romantic meal at a fine restraunt, and the Chez Loma proves the point.

2 Thank Dietcokeani
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Definite Ethnic biases alive and well here”
Reviewed February 14, 2007

The setting is a bit quaint as the location used to be a private home. The food is above average, but definitely not exceptional.

Beware those who are not of the caucasian extraction, or with someone not of the same race. I am white and my wife is Chinese. The staff's attitude from the beginning was nothing less than ugly. It got so bad that we got up and left half way through the meal. What an unpleasant experience.

There are better choices - Tomaso's for example. We have never had any problems there, and the food is better as well.

1 Thank rrogster
Germantown, Maryland
“Best romantic restaurant on Coronado”
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Enjoyed the delicious, authentically-prepared French cuisine at Chez Loma. Nothing was too heavy, the wine selections were top-notch, and the service attentive. My husband ordered the duck and it was wonderful--came with 3 different sauces, all of them tasty. You can also get flights of wine--all of which were reasonably priced. Great romantic atmosphere. Hostess greeted us with drinks on the house. All in all we felt pampered and taken care of, while enjoying the non-stuffy atmosphere and friendly, California-style service. Will definitely go back next time we're in Coronado! Just a few blocks from the Hotel Del Coronado and you can walk along the beach walkway to get there. Just one caveat: not a place to take the kids!

3 Thank pickytravelmom