“5 star class”

Primavera Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Primavera Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 9th & 10th
Description: Located in the heart of Coronado, Primavera Ristorante serves exceptional innovative Northern Italian cuisine, inspired by the fresh ingredients and flavors of San Diego. Since opening nearly 27 years ago, Primavera Ristorante has remained one of the most popular restaurants in Coronado, and has been voted “Best Italian Fare” by Coronado Lifestyle Magazine, as well as been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2015. Our outstanding culinary team has achieved world renowned success with our house specialty, osso bucco.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband is 100% Italian & from Buffalo & his mother was an excellent cook, so... he knows Italian food, Dress for the evening as as soon as you enter, you know you are in an excellent restaurant, very professional, met the managers girlfriend & she sent him over to our table. His grandparents own it, they are a family business for 25 years, which I like to honor & support vs national chains when I travel. I don't even do Starbucks. Everyone is in Tux's, the food we had was obscene, the best Swordfish w a glaze I have every had in my life across the country or here in Las Vegas as a native & my husband had the lobster ravioli, he was very impressed. My husband said the Martini's were excellent, I had the Tiramasu, like air & White Moscato wine. Well worth every penney, very romantic, quiet, etc., we knew when we were walking & saw it, the menu, etc., & selected earlier that day. Have absolutely nothing negative to say about this all class establishment. We didn't even make reservations, but were treated as such when we entered the door. You could propose, celebrate an anniversary, etc., here. We had not been on a vacation since 2010 in Niagra Falls, this was perfect.

3  Thank FNPMSN

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding service. Fresh vibrant flavors. Exquisite menu. Everything was better than delicious from the appetizers to the dessert!

1  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had the best service at this restaurant that I have had in YEARS! The menu is extensive and our food choices were excellent. Great wine list, too. We just had a great overall dining experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We dine here every time we visit San Diego. The restaurant atmosphere is classy. Great for a romantic dinner or for a lovely evening among friends. The bartender makes a great drink. The staff is professional, very polished and always great. The food is the best Italian in San Diego. Even our friends who live in San Diego and raved about another Italian restaurant they "thought" was the best Italian, admitted the osso bucco here was the best they've ever had. They had never been here before and were impressed AND surprised they had never been here in all the years they lived in San Diego. It is now their favorite too! The roasted pepper appetizer is my favorite. The veal saltimbocca is just as good as the one I make at home - in fact better because I don't have to cook or clean! The osso is incredible and filling. The only disappointment here is the cannoli - too sugary. I prefer pistachio cannoli that is not quite as sweet as this one. Classy upscale Italian has been a long tie staple in Coronado - and it is the best Italian in San Diego!!!! Debate over.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Primavera is an elegant, wonderful Italian restaurant on Orange Avenue on Coronado. The food is terrific, the service outstanding, and the ambiance is old world. The restaurant has an extensive menu in addition to nightly specials. It is my favorite Italian restaurant in San Diego.

1  Thank baltoro