“What a grand experience”

Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado
Reserve with OpenTable
Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana Place
Transit: Serviced by SDMTS Route 904 http://www.sdmts.com/RouteFiles/routes/pdf/904.pdf
Description: A true feast for the senses, the lavish Sunday brunch in the Crown Room features a chilled seafood bar, regionally inspired dishes, international cuisine and carving stations. Guests also enjoy a gourmet Bloody Mary bar, made-to-order mimosas, and a spectacular candy and dessert bar – complete with a design-your-own donut station. See what makes Sunday brunch at The Del legendary.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“What a grand experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was 10 when I first saw Some Like It Hot, and through the next five years the movie remained my favorite. I must have seen it a 100 times or more. So when we finally came to San Diego I just had to see The Del and what better way than to savor the atmosphere by dining at the place.

Sunday Brunch at Hotel Del is not to be missed. The Crown Room is so beautiful and the food and service is amazing.
There is so much to choose from that it is impossible to try a fraction, and every time I went up to get a plate I discovered new dishes. You really have to prioritize or stay there for days......

I and my husband especially loved the seared Ahi tuna, all the different cheeses and all the berries at the waffle station.
My children loved the chocolate fountain and the candy buffet of cause.

The service is excellent, I believe our waiter was called Mike?, and he really took good care of us, explaining all the different buffet stations, and now I realize that I missed at least 3 of the stations - this says a bit about the size of the buffet.

I really wanted to try the Eggs Benedict, but as they would have been to filling I had to skip those along with soooo many other things.

For a special treat while in San Diego this is the place to go.

1 Thank love2travel2
BBrown3275, Manager at Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on The Del’s famous Sunday brunch in the historic Crown Room. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of the different foods presented by our excellent chefs. With so many different culinary options, it is truly a favorite for visitors and locals alike. We’re glad that your waiter was able to make your visit with us special and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Sunday Brunch again soon!

San Diego, CA
“I doubt there is a brunch better...”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I first had brunch here with my family in April for my birthday, and my wife and I could not help but to go back last weekend. It is hard to explain in words everything this brunch has to offer..foreign cheeses and meats, black truffle turkey pot pie, an entire table devoted to chili relenos, another to a chocolate fountain with everything you could imagine to dip in it. There is a table for seafood with an entire platter of seared ahi waiting for you. The gourmet food in this buffet makes it well worth the price, and this will be the only place I take guests from out of town (or local for that matter) to Sunday brunch!

BBrown3275, Manager at Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at our weekly Sunday Brunch in the Crown Room at The Del. As you mentioned, we have a variety of food options to satisfy everyone’s cravings and we’re delighted that you and your wife came back to visit once again. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Seattle, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GIANT Sunday brunch - best I've ever had”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We were initially reluctant to shell out the huge amount for this brunch, but decided to give it a try after hearing really good things. I generally dislike brunches, but was very impressed! The staff was solicitous and very friendly. The brunch was gigantic with food that actually looked freshly prepared, not the questionable luke-warm mounds found in most buffets. As a vegetarian, I loved the cheeses, endless creative salads, fresh berries and souffles, while my boyfriend had plenty of meat dishes to sample. And neither of us could resist the wonderful dessert selections or endless mimosas. The sunny weather and lovely Victorian setting really made it a day to remember.

BBrown3275, Manager at Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your experience at our Sunday Brunch in the Crown Room of The Del. Our weekly Sunday Brunch is a favorite among visitors and locals alike and has been continuously voted Best Brunch by San Diego Union-Tribune Readers. As you mentioned our brunch showcases a vast assortment of flavorful foods with seven distinct stations offering something to satisfy every craving. A sample of our menu can be found under Dining at The Del on our home webpage. Please come back and see us again soon!
Denver, Colorado
“Elegant Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

When in Coronado, even if you can't afford to stay at the Hotel Del Coronado, make sure you make it there for their elegant Sunday Brunch! Food is fantastic, and the atmosphere is wonderful! After brunch, take a nice stroll along the grounds of the Hotel and learn about the wonderful history behind this gem!

Bothell, Washington
“The Biggest Buffet I have Ever Seen”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

There were 7 stations...Asian, Meat, Breakfast, Chocolate, Dessert, Fruit, and Mexican...The food was excellent and way more than I could ever hope to eat. I did think for the $75 each that it was pricy, but the room was beautiful and drinks were included should you choose to go that route. It would be perfect for a special occasion, but come hungry.