“A Gallery with beautiful treasures”

Dan McGeorge Gallery
Ranked #15 of 41 things to do in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled on the R H Dana Garden Patio across R H Dana Place from the historic Hotel Del Coronado, this beautiful gallery features exclusive limited edition photographic art in a friendly and welcoming environment. Worldwide shipping is available. Individual photo instruction with renowned artist and instructor Dan McGeorge may also be arranged in sessions perfect for the traveler.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Dan McGeorge has a gift for taking pictures and bringing them to life, this special ability inspires you to travel to that place and stay there. As you walk in the gallery, you will find one beautiful photo after another, and just when you thought you had seen his best piece of art, he surprises you with another brilliant picture that you want to take home to admire every day. I highly recommend visiting Dan McGeorge's Gallery, whether you are a local who is looking for beautiful photography, or a visitor who wishes to take a piece of San Diego home with you.

Dan M, Owner at Dan McGeorge Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

It was very kind of you to take time to write a review of my gallery. It is such a pleasure to have you take meaningful memories with you from your experience here. Thanks so much for your kind words, and for conveying your thoughts about the visit you made. Please be sure to check in often, and stop by once again whenever you return to Coronado!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We dropped by the gallery since we had some time to spend exploring the area next to the Del before leaving for our flight. It was a pleasant surprise as Mr McGeorge took the time to describe and explain almost all the photographs in his gallery. His work was not only beautiful but had a certain character to them....which could be explained by his experience working as a war time photographer. We purchased one of his framed pieces and he made all the arrangements to ship it to the San Francisco Bay Area. We were also able to choose some really unique cards to take home. It was a wonderful conclusion to our trip to Coronado.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review of my gallery. It was a treat having you visit, and I am sure you are going to enjoy your new artwork for many years to come. If ever in San Diego in the future please come across the bridge and visit the gallery again. There is always something new and different to see!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

There is a King of Pop, There is a Queen of England. With that knowledge I would like to name the king of photographic art and to tell you where his legacy can be viewed. The king is Dan McGeorge. To view his legacy you have to go to his Gallery located on the island of Coronado, CA. It is no other way to get a true heart rendering experience of his art other than to own a piece of his work. His photography speak to you from all over the world. Ireland, Mexico. San Diego, The hotel Del Coronado from various points in its 125 year history. Walking threw his gallery was one of the greatest experience in my life. What added to all of it is the fact that he was there to answer questions. Also he has so kindly added the story to every picture and believe me you will want to know the story. I brought back pictures for my house as well as my office. I know this is only a temporary fix, because I am already craving additions to my collection.

Thank you so much for your very kind and thorough review! It was a pleasure having you visit the gallery, and means a lot that you had such an enjoyable experience. Please be sure to stop by again next time you are in Coronado.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I live downtown in San Diego, and we have made a handful of trips to Dan's gallery to pick up a couple stunning pieces of photographic art as we redecorate our place. Every time we have stopped in there are always beautiful new pieces on display. Just this weekend we bought one of his Christmas prints. We have also bought a really pretty picture of the "Fly Navy" sign at the base on North Island and an incredible photo of the Hotel del Coronado. I think our next purchase will be one from the Ireland collection. Dan is very friendly and I enjoy talking with him, and stopping through during a visit to Coronado is well worth it. There is also an evening social event once a month with free food and wine, which we have been to and enjoyed. Highly recommend a visit to see the Dan McGeorge Gallery!

Dan M, Owner at Dan McGeorge Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

It's great people like you that make this gallery such an enjoyable place. I'm happy you have enjoyed so many pieces, and look forward to your next visit. It's a pleasure have you stop by!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Dan is a photographer/artist. His pictures are from all over the world. He puts an artistic spin on his shots that result in fabulous photos. He also had great shots of San Diego and Coronado. So I was able to purchase a unique souvenir of my visit. Dan is located right next to the Hotel Del Coronado in a quaint little shop. He was very helpful in explanations of the photos and a little history of each. He framed and wrapped my purchases and made them ready to be taken on my flight home. Dan is a must stop on your trip to Coronado.

Dan M, Owner at Dan McGeorge Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Wilma,

Thanks so much for your visit and for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you in the gallery. Please some back to visit us again next time you are here in Coronado.

Dan McGeorge