“One of the best kept secrets in Coronado”

Dan McGeorge Gallery
Ranked #15 of 41 things to do in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled on the R H Dana Garden Patio across R H Dana Place from the historic Hotel Del Coronado, this beautiful gallery features exclusive limited edition photographic art in a friendly and welcoming environment. Worldwide shipping is available. Individual photo instruction with renowned artist and instructor Dan McGeorge may also be arranged in sessions perfect for the traveler.
Lake Charles, LA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the best kept secrets in Coronado”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stumbled into Dan McGeorge's Gallery quite by accident when visiting Coronado a couple of years ago. His gallery and photography were absolutely beautiful. We returned to Coronado earlier this year and he had moved his gallery - right across the street from the Hotel Del and the beach. We took a private class with him and learned more about our camera that we had ever known all the time we'd had it! Then he took us across the street to the beach to take some sunset photos. Dan is an amazing photographer, a great teacher, but most importantly he is a kind man - very friendly. No trip to Coronado would be complete without a trip to his gallery. Ask him to see "Somewhere Under the Rainbow," a photo he took with his iPhone!!!

Visited April 2013
TwoSanDiegoTravelers, Owner at Dan McGeorge Gallery, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for visiting the gallery. We appreciate your review, helping us to be less of a secret here! I'm happy you enjoyed your visit, and hope you will return next time you are in Coronado!

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“#1 Attraction on Coronado Island—San Diego, CA”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My fiance and I visited the Dan McGeorge Gallery and Coronado School of Photography last September on the recommendation of the San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. We are glad we did!

Our first impression was how clean, modern and organized the gallery space is. We soon got drawn into Dan's amazing photographic works of art. He came out to greet us and took us on a tour while explaining interesting details.

Later that evening, I took a class with Dan on Coronado Beach to photograph the sunset. Under his expert watch, I got some beautiful long/time exposures of the water, rocks and vibrant horizon; crescent moon; and Hotel del Coronado at night. I learned many valuable tips which I have since applied on trips to Grand Cayman Island, Ireland and Kauai, Hawaii.

Not only do I urge you to visit the Dan McGeorge Gallery and Coronado School of Photography, but to check out his workshops. The fees are very reasonable and the payoffs are immeasurable—a lifetime of excellent images, photography contests, etc.

I have posted three images that I shot with Dan and, what's most impressive, is that all were taken with a small pocket camera (Sony Cybershot DSCW170).

Visited September 2012
1 Thank rcmimages
Thank you very much for visiting the gallery. Sorry to have taken so long to respond, but just learned I had the ability. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit, and hope you will return next time you are in Coronado!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stumbled upon a gem”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My fiancee and I stumbled upon the gallery as we were walking to the beach. It is slightly off the beaten path because the entrance if below street level. Inside, we were in awe with the fabulous photos from all over the US and even some foreign countries. Dan spent a lot of time explaining his work to us and had an interesting story about each photo. It was very cool to be in San Diego but to see photos from all over the US, including small East Coast towns I have seen growing up.

We ended up with two large photos as gifts and a handful of cards to send to friends and family.

Dan shipped our large photos the next business day for a reasonable charge and they will arrive in time for Mother's Day.

A great place that we will be back to next time in Coronado.

Visited May 2013
TwoSanDiegoTravelers, Owner at Dan McGeorge Gallery, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review. Sorry for the delayed response, but I just figured out how to respond. It was a pleasure having you visit the gallery, and I hope you return again next time you are in town!