Villa Capri by the Sea
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
$305
$254
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$279
$385
$319
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$215
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Crown City Inn(Coronado)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe inn keeperdirectly across the streetliving roomlocation is greatthe main dragbeautiful coronado beachsmall kitchenwithin walking distancehotel del coronadoorange avenuea great stayhistoric hotelgueststoiletriesoceanunitshistory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Capri for a few days. We had the most wonderful experience, the room we stayed in was immaculate and the service was excellent ! We had nothing we could have asked for, and the Inn Keeper, John Miller was very attentive to whatever our needs were, if we needed up dated information on anything around San Diego, we had to go no further than John.

Room Tip: Ask John the manager, he will suggest whats best for your specific needs !
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Tony S
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Life is grand for the infinite variety of choices it makes available. Choosing a hotel is always a challenge when I travel to anywhere other than the San Diego area. My hotel choice for those trips is easy. Located in Coronado, the Villa Capri by the Sea is an intimate set of rooms run skilfully by long-time innkeeper John Miller. Room choices include traditional one bed affairs and suites with separate bedrooms, kitchens and a living room. It's an easy walk to the beach, shopping, and numerous outstanding restaurants. Stay at the Villa Capri if you're looking for an intimate hotel with easy access to the delights of Coronado and a host who's genuinely interested in the quality of your stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I came to Coronado, from Texas, sixteen years ago to visit my son and daughter. My travel agent found this "gem" for me. From that day forward, Carl and I became frequent guests at the Villa Capri. We moved to San Diego seven years ago. When our family comes, they stay with John Miller at the Villa Capri. We've been to many cities and stayed at 5-star hotels. We've loved those at well. The personal service and the friendships we've established have only added to the richness of our lives. There is nothing that John Miller will not do for his guests. Some consider this to be intrusive and I consider it a plus. This hotel is always clean. It's proximity is perfect in every regard. I am also a "Texas Granny" who now resides in California. Our fourteen year old grandson learned to climb the stairs at the Villa Capri. All of our granchildren have been respectful of the rules as this is a small hotel and they respect the privacy of the other guests. Last weekend our family booked four rooms and a couple from Amarillo, Texas, friends of ours, were also there. They stay at the Villa Capri at least twice a year. We never had to worry about our belongings or our safety and that is beause John Miller is always there and does know every person that enters the property. Unlike many people, I don't depend on a free breakfast at a hotel. I'm on vacation and want to venture out and see all of my choices. John has become a very personal friend of ours and we consider him to be a part of our family. I will always recommend the Villa Capri.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms. John Miller will be honest in helping you make the correct choice for your needs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Carl and Julie E
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Where do I start? When I am on vacation I want to relax and have a good time. Good luck with that at the Villa Capri! Right from the start I was met by John, the innkeeper, when I parked my vehicle. He met me with a disgusted "how long to you plan on parking that there" look. If I had not been there with my family and did not care about making a scene I would have left at that moment. This is an older outdated hotel on a very noisey street with a lot of traffic. I was disappointed when I saw the 70's ish room considering what I was paying for it, John is friendly and helpful but in a "stalker" kind of way. This reminded me of having to answer to your parents about your comings and goings. This made my whole family uncomfortable.

The continental breakfast had to of been a joke. It was a card table John took from his room and set outside his door. (he lives downstairs in the hotel) It was prepackaged mini donuts and a pump coffee container. This was alittle disturbing.

John made my family so uncomfortable that we left early and found another hotel.

I would only recommend this hotel to people I don't like!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank TaskMaster1
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I would certainly not recommend the Villa Capri Motel in Coronado, CA. We had booked for 5 days, but left after 3. We were made to feel uncomfortable the entire time we were there. Every time we left our rooms or came back to our rooms, John, the live-in manager, would pop out of the office and interrogate us, and remind us of ALL his rules and regulations. Our son picked us up from the airport in his pickup, and John had a fit when he parked his pickup in a Guest parking space long enough for us to get out and unload our luggage, and each time thereafter when he came to pick us up.

I guess the straw that broke the camel's back was one morning when our son and grandbaby came by to have coffee with us at a table beside the pool (this is the complimentary breakfast area – one thermos of regular coffee, no decaf and Hostess mini-donuts and muffins, and a carton of O.J. in an ice bucket.) Our son brought his own coffee and our granddaughter brought her own yogurt. He had his dog with him and tied her up under our table. John came running out and told him to get the dog out of the area. He had to tie his dog up on the sidewalk. IT WAS 7 AM AND THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE IN THE AREA, AND THERE WERE NOT EVEN ANY CHILDREN STAYING AT THE MOTEL AT THE TIME. Right down the street at the bagel shop, people bring their dogs with them and keep them right by their tables - IT'S CALIFORNIA!! Also, the baby dropped a napkin on the ground and John rushed over to pick it up while we were still sitting there. John has a NO SMOKING policy, but he has a small table and ashtray set up right there for his friend. When we questioned him about his selective enforcement of his rules, he said we could have said something if we objected to a smoker. No one had objected to the dog. Where is the good old-fashioned TEXAS common sense?

We moved next door to the Glorietta and there was a world of difference. It is a beautiful, private and relaxing place with a great variety of selections for the complimentary breakfast which is served on real china on a beautiful patio. The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The Glorietta also has a big parking area where even we Texans would be allowed to park our big SUV's. We REALLY enjoyed the last two days of our stay in CA.and will stay in the Glorietta again next time.

John did loan us some lawn chairs to take to the park to hear the music one night. But, all-in-all, we were uncomfortable, had no privacy and did not enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Stay at another motel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family