Villa Capri by the Sea
$301
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$225
$203
$219
$199
$397
$335
  • Pool
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
  • Pool
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$379
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$249
Crown City Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$165
$299
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$243
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe inn keeperdirectly across the streetliving roomlocation is greatthe main dragbeautiful coronado beachsmall kitchenwithin walking distancehotel del coronadoorange avenuea great stayhistoric hotelgueststoiletriesoceanunitshistory
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay!! John, the Innkeeper is the absolute BEST! We stayed here 19 years ago with our two young sons and returned in April 2011 -- just my spouse and I! This is the cleanest place we have EVER stayed!! Honestly, do they repaint after every guest?!?!? We have stayed in 5 star resorts all over the world, and none have EVER been as clean as the Villa Capri by the Sea! Would not consider staying any place other than here. John (the Innkeeper) keeps the place in tip top shape and he is wonderful! I LOVE this place and can hardly wait to return!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Southerngirl2753
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I have been to Villa Capri several times after a miserable experience at The Dell. This gem is directly accross the street from The Dell at 40% of the price for The Dell. Very close to everything and the well connected inkeeper (John) has ideas and details for getting around all of Coronado and San Diego. We simply love coming here. We have also stayed at the Loews but it is too far away from the city and all the attractions. John runs a tight ship and we really have learned to appreciate the location, value and history of this INN. The Dell is packed with non guests all day every day who treat the Dell like there own personal toilet. TOO LOUD, UNKEPT, TOO EXPENSIVE . Stay at Johns and walk accross the street for the best valu in Coonado. I can't wait to go back. This is probably not the best place for ill mannered children or adults with no class.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bctravelerHouston
Reviewed September 14, 2008

After seeing the last review on this magical gem of a motel, I feel compelled to share the wonderful experience my husband and I had when we stayed there. We stayed for 31 days from mid Dec til Mid Jan and immediately booked to do the same this year. The Inn itself is spotlessly clean with your own spacious lounge and a small but very adequate kitchen containing everything you could possibly need.The bed was comfy and the wardrobe space very substantial.

John the Inn keeper is very easy going and a complete oracle of local information, he took a friendly but far from intrusive interest in all we did and we enjoyed his company. We stayed over christmas and he even supplied us with a little tree and some decorations to make our apartment a real home from home.

We have stayed in one of the best rooms that the Hotel Del had to offer but quite honestly we prefer the freedom of the Villa Capri and just cant wait to get back there. Roll on December.

John & Alison Bower U.K

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank catzdance
Reviewed August 23, 2008

**DO NOT BRING YOUR BEACH GEAR, OR ANYTHING BEACH RELATED**. As said before, they do have beach gear, chairs, umbrellas and even the small towels from the room for you to take. The innkeeper is EXTREMELY anal about getting sand anywhere near the rooms. He needs to be reminded that there is an ocean across the street and most people do not want to get sand in the room. We brought a surf board that we could not bring into the room even though it had been in my house for a year before this trip and did not have a bit of sand on it.

As stated previously, the hotel is RIGHT ON THE MAIN DRAG. It is loud all day and into the night with car alarms, buses during the day into the wee hours of the night and motorcycles zooming up the hill. The location is great if you are looking to visit the Hotel Del Coronado as it's right across the street. The beach location is also a plus. The value for Coronado is probably great, but you could rent a house for the same cost of a room for the week. The kitchenette is EXTREMELY small and definitely not eat in. The living room in the suite has uncomfortable furniture. The smaller rooms only have a stall shower, no tub. There is no "Do Not Disturb" for your room door and the maid either walked in every morning or woke us every morning. (When I'm on vacation I prefer to try to sleep in a bit) Although the sun streaming through the window, the car alarm going off every hour for 3 hours the first morning and the general traffic was enough to keep the dead awake.

The pool is a bit hazardous as it's not got any railing or anything and you have a small area to walk around it to your room.

I found the bed uncomfortable and the fact that there was someone who was much too much in my business very annoying. I was happy to leave. the parking situatiion is 'free' if there are enough spots. A full hotel may mean there is no parking on site. There are about 10 spots only.

There is also high speed internet - wireless only that was hard to get working at best. It also has a daily charge for use.

Overall i can't say I was impressed. I have stayed at a lot of hotels from coast to coast and was very UNimpressed. I would have rather paid more to stay at a house or across the street at the Del or next door at Glorietta Bay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Beachgirl1234
Reviewed April 26, 2006

We stayed here 3 nights in a regular room on the lower level. We really appreciated all the help from John, the Innkeeper who lives on site. They will provide you with everything you need -- hairdryer, beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. Just ask John.
The room was nice and very clean, absolutely no problems there. The bed was VERY comfortable. The only problem we encountered was with the traffic noise. The hotel is right on Orange Ave. which is very busy. The hotel is U shaped and the traffic noise bounces right off the hotel and it's quite loud. I was woke up at 5:30AM one morning and 3:30AM the next. I could not get back to sleep because of the traffic noise. Ironically, the location is great but I wish there was a way to get away from the traffic. Also, the pool is very small and not heated. But when you have the beach so close, why would you want a pool???

• Stayed: April 2006