“Absolutely wonderful!”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2011

If you are looking for a weekend getaway, close to shopping, close to the beach, and get that small town feel, while still being close to nightlife in San Diego, then this is the hotel for you! They have free bike rentals, DVD rentals, high speed internet, and it's located walking distance from restaurants, shops, the beach, and more! I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet vacation...or even a nice hotel near San Diego (but far enough away so the noise of the city doesn't keep you awake).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celticphoenix283

Reviewed January 13, 2011

OK, first I will say I own at this timeshare. I come here the 2nd week of every January. This time of year the crowds have gone and what remains is spectacular weather, great restaurants, Hotel Del is across the street and if it get to slow....San Diego is across the bay.

I have stayed at many timeshares. I have never been to one that works so hard to suggest entertainment. The front desk is polite at all hours of the day or night. Rooms are re-freshened 3 times a week. The resort has been recently redone and is kept spotless. A small spa/ Bar B Q area is on the top (3rd) floor, no pool is onsite. You can use the pool at Loews 4 miles away.

The Lobby is warm and friendly with 24/7 coffee and tea. The mainstay of the lobby is "Cody" the resident bird who, if she likes you, will allow you to hold her on your arm.

This crown jewel is a small resort with location, location ,location. Walking distance to most businesses with the trolley and bus also passing by the front steps.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flygirltoo
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The Coronado Beach Resort offers a new and more sociable take on staying in hotels. We booked through ResortTime.com, where fully-equipped condos in more than 300 locations worldwide are available for time-share or rental.

The resort is more than just a room. The friendly lobby offers self-serve hot drinks and an afternoon snack of fresh-popped corn. Cody, a brilliantly-coloured parrot, squawks his welcome. Daily activities keep guests happily occupied.

Across the street, the celebrated Hotel Del Coronado, a sprawling pile of white clapboard, red-tiled cupolas and high-rise apartments, was established in 1888. We skip the $15 history tour and opt for the Del’s heritage Boat House for an authentic seafood supper.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ozcantravel
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband and I decided to "treat ourselves" by staying overnight at the Coronado Beach Resort last weekend. Check-in was easy, front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. However--the best part was when we got the our room (one bedroom unit) it was right across the street for the Hotel Del and we had great views of the hotel and the beach. Our room was very nice and after we stayed for one night--we both felt like we had a "weeklong" vacation. Totally refreshed!

The lobby has a fish tank (very fun) and a macaw. In the morning we walked around Coronado and eat breakfast at Clayton's Coffee Shop. What a great time! We can’t wait to come back with our daughter—she’ll love it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonya038
Reviewed November 18, 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this review. Coronado is one of my most favorite locations and I have stayed at this resort many times. However my last experience with the Coronado Beach Resort will be my last.

I booked my reservations with Resorttime.com for September 30, 2010. I paid for three nights in full in advance. This is the website that the resort directs you to. When I arrived at the hotel at 3 pm, they apologized to me and stated that while I paid for my reservation in full, they did not have a room for me. They offered to put me at the Loews, pay for my stay, and refund the amount I paid. I stated that the Loews was not acceptable as we stay at the Coronado Beach Resort for the location. They offered to put my up next door at the Glorietta Bay Hotel, I accepted. Again, they stated they were sorry, would refund my hotel stay, and cover the rate next door. They gave me a letter and I was on my way.

Well I came home to no refund. I contacted resorttime.com and they credited their portion of $55 back. They contacted the hotel multiple times and finally stated, yes they are going to credit me the money. Weeks go by, no credit. I call, leave messages (at the hotel) again Resort Time calls them. Again empty promises. Two months later, no credit and finally I contacted my credit card company who filed a dispute.

I had an amazing stay at the Glorietta Bay. They were great. I will never, ever rent from Coronado Beach Resort. These are private timeshares. I have read about this happening before. While I loved the stays I had, having one cancellation can ruin a vacation. But to make matters worse has been the service I have been given.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
10  Thank leslieinphoenix
Reviewed November 18, 2010

A real surprise, well run, friendly helpful staff (especially Erick & Joy), close to the restaurants, beach , a great golf course and shopping. You don't need a car to get to everything and the hotel has free bikes and beach stuff to use.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay, all rooms are condos and have full size fridges with microwaves. The rates are extremely reasonable and they have everything that you need for a day at the beach, towels, chairs, sand toys, boogie boards umbrellas, bikes. It is a half block from the beach across the street from the Hotel Del. The staff is the friendliest, most accommodating group of people that will ever meet. They made us feel like special guests in their own home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family