“CBR and Coronado, a great place to vacation”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It is very evident the employees and management work very hard to make this a special place to stay. They are always pleasant and go out of their way which adds to the value my stay.

A short walk to one of the deepest white sand beaches in the US, restaurants with a full range prices and very good food, and with the Dell Coronado across the street, make this is a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Location and atmosphere is great, steps from the hotel Del and the surrounding beaches as well as the boat house and rental places. The desk folks are great and very helpful.
Rooms are in good to great shape and are recently remodeled. Tasteful furniture and a useable kitchenette with large refrigerator makes it pretty easy to save a buck or two with home cooking or leftovers. There is a really wonderful deck BBQ space as well. The hot tub on the third deck overlooking Orange ave and the Del was WAAAY hot but still enjoyable and the sauna is a nice amenity that is a bit uncommon.
Noise from Orange can be loud so if you are an early and light sleeper you may wish to get rooms on the inboard side of the building. It didn't bother us, but it was noticeable.
We're owners and have met some good people during our weeks on site; all types from all places come to enjoy Coronado. This is a good home base for exploring the island and San Diego as a whole.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A great place to stay in Coronado. It had a good location being convenient to restaurants and the beach. The staff were very friendly, efficient and always endeavouring to create a clean welcoming environment for their guests. However some rooms lacked natural lighting having a very small window for the size of the room. The one bed apartments which we rented only had a curtain separating the living area and the bedroom. The kitchen was very small and unsuitable for preparing a proper meal only snacks.

Room Tip: try for a room with better natural lighting.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia19570503
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Really nice place to stay. The staff are great, the rooms are great, the location is great, and the view is great. I really have nothing bad to say about this place. They have daily activities that are fun for everyone that are inexpensive if not free. The staff are very helpful! The daily popcorn, coffee, and other amenities are just the cherry on top. The great pool room and hot tub just make the experience all the better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at Coronado Beach Resort the weekend before the 4th of July. I loved just about everything about this resort. The location, property upkeep, staff and amenities were all exactly what I would expect in a $300+ /night hotel. I didn't even mind the additional $15 per day resort fee for beach chairs, movies and bike use. At that price point however, I expect daily maid service, which they did not provide. I never saw this mentioned in a previous review or anywhere on their website. Additionally, the expectation was that if I used the drinking glasses (or other dishes and utensils) provided in my room, I would wash them myself. Unfortunately, I had already used them when I realized that I had NO IDEA how clean they were because I don't know who washed them last. As I saw once on Hotel Impossible, "If you don't like cleaning up after other people, you may be in the wrong business." In the end, we really did like this hotel but both of those issues really rubbed me the wrong way for the cost of the room.

5  Thank armgiem
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first time on Cornado and it won't be the last. The resort was clean and tidy, the room was too. The staff was polite and very accomodating. We enjoyed riding the bikes the resort provided. My daughter and I had no trouble sleeping because it was quiet and bed was comfy. We were 15 minutes from the zoo and that was the only time we left Coronado. Please do yourself a favor and stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Once a year my daughters and I are lucky enough to stay at the Coronado Beach Resort in lovely Coronado, California.
We love the feel of this smaller well maintained resort. It is a quite place where the three of us get to relax and enjoy each others company. The staff at the resort is always friendly and very accommodating. Can't wait to return next year!

1  Thank Cheri O